SQ Review ZuneHD VS Zune30
Jan 25, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #16 of 23
Kirosia wishes he could jack up the HD's bass to 11.

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kirosia wishes he could jack up the HD's bass to 11.

I agree, as the Z:HD would be amazing if it had a custom EQ.
beerchug.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree, as the Z:HD would be amazing if it had a custom EQ.
beerchug.gif

Yep, I can really tell the the sound is VERY good it's just so flat and lacks so much bass compared to the Zune30. If I could bump the bass up and increase the vocal frequencies it would smoke my Zune30 on SQ.

I really like the warm natural sound and detailed separation of the ZuneHD but can't deal with the lack of bass and reseeding vocals.

I'm glad they put the EQ back but it is still such a stupid decision ot not let users adjust the sound the way they want to.

Luckily with the Zune30 they nailed it with the acoustic EQ preset, that EQ preset is perfect on the Zune30, but that preset sounds alot worse on the ZuneHD.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #19 of 23
I really hope microsoft doesnt just abandon the Zune HD. It has the hardware to fix all these weaknesses with a simple firmware upgrade. Adding a custom eq cant be hard to do. I use the Z:HD in the car and found the maximum volume to be lacking, and the bass was affected due to this. On DAPs when you play in the car using auxillary, you need to put the volume up to the max in order to get a better bass response.

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #20 of 23
If they go w/a custom EQ in an update I'll come back to the Zune family(Zune:HD). Until they do - I guess I'm staying away,.............unless you guys get a cf card to work in the Zune 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 26, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they go w/a custom EQ in an update I'll come back to the Zune family(Zune:HD). Until they do - I guess I'm staying away,.............unless you guys get a cf card to work in the Zune 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is an awesome concept, and I bet it would fix my #1 gripe about the halfass gapless playback on the Zune30. A CF card would probably end that since access time would be (theoretically) much, much faster.

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #22 of 23
Thanks for the review. I would have to agree with you that more players being released now should have at least a 5 band equalizer for tuning the players. IMO there is no reason why I am paying around 200 bucks for a player and I'm forced to use some preset made by someone else.

I guess that's what you get for buying a product marketed toward the casual earbud wearing crowd.

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #23 of 23
No custom EQ on the Z:HD, no way I'll get another 1. I returned mine just cause the presets took away from the SQ,..........................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back