SQ : $ ratio. Which brings better yield? IEMs or closed portables?
Mar 29, 2006 at 7:54 AM Post #16 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
ehh....if you can get some used er4p's you'd probably not be too bummed; otherwise i would agree though. but you mean terrible price/performance compared to fullsize open phones. he's asking price/performance as opposed to closed.

my answer? it doesn't matter, it's pretty similar. i'll tell you this much, bang/buck aside, you can get MUCH BETTER iem's than closed portable phones. with closed portables you pretty much have the hd25-1 and k81dj as the current top picks (we're talking PORTABLE, and even those aren't super portable). with iem's you can go all the way to ue10 and soon e500.

so..........it simply doesn't matter. there aren't enough choices to draw value conclusions. decide if you want things stuck in your ears with great isolation, or things clamped to your head with mediocre isolation
smily_headphones1.gif

i'm trying to make up my own mind. on one hand i want super small for my tiny shuffle. on the other hand, if i were to wear my shuffle on a lanyard, i'd want to be able to "neck" my phones when not in use. iem's have great isolation, but much more time taking on and off

I think the best move is just to get one of the bang for buck open cans and just turn them into closed cans. I've gone down the IEM path, went all the way up to UE-10 Pros. If you don't mind the lack of soundstage, IEMs arn't that bad I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back