SQ: Minidisc player > NWZ-A82x ?
Mar 22, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by fredman22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I believe all iterations of MD/HiMD could record in WAV

False. Only HiMD recorders can record to PCM. None of the classic MD recorders can record in PCM. You can, however, use the classic 80min MD disc and reformat them in an HiMD recorder to be used to record PCM.

Mar 23, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
False. Only HiMD recorders can record to PCM. None of the classic MD recorders can record in PCM. You can, however, use the classic 80min MD disc and reformat them in an HiMD recorder to be used to record PCM.

Heh, thanks, Pata. My apologies - it has been so long since I've seen an MDLP player/recorder, I'd forgotten what their exact capabilites are/were...

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is impossible. NWZ series don't support Atrac, while the R700 only supports Atrac SP (via optical realtime recording)/LP2/LP4. It is impossible for the R700 to play uncompressed music.

You are right. It appears the recording is ATRAC SP, not lossless. I still think the bass response on the R700 is nicer, little richer/fuller sound overall, even when it is ATRAC recorded so lower in quality.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #19 of 21
Do you have one music library for MP3's for the A828 and an ATRAC one for the R700? For me thats the biggest problem with MD/HiMD. You need a separate music library to get the best out of it. (ATRAC). I did this for a while but it was a pain, especially with the slow transfers to MD/HiMD.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have one music library for MP3's for the A828 and an ATRAC one for the R700? For me thats the biggest problem with MD/HiMD. You need a separate music library to get the best out of it. (ATRAC). I did this for a while but it was a pain, especially with the slow transfers to MD/HiMD.

My R700 is no netMD player, so you have to record it 1:1
jecklinsmile.gif

So mp3/wav/mpeg/flac/whatever can be recorded true optical out/in streaming from Foobar2k/wasapi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back