SQ: iPod 5.5G vs iPod Touch
Oct 4, 2007 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kothrush

New Head-Fier
Lots of people talking about SQ of 5.5G iPod vs iPod classic. It seems classic has better sound than 5.5G. But, I am different dilemma.

I have 5.5G iPod and would like to get iPod touch to accompany it, mainly for wireless functionality. How's iPod touch SQ compare to 5.5G iPod ?

From reading lots of thread, it seems like flash based ipod touch/iphone dont have better SQ than HDD based ipods. Is this true ?

Thanks.

Oct 4, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 12
Very similar imho, with a bit more hiss with the touch, with shure e500's. Mine was week 38 , we are talking about a very small amount of hiss, it would not be noticed unless you have sensitive iems. My 5.5 seems to have just a little bit less, my nano has a little less than both, My screen was messed up on my touch, SQ was fine.

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very similar imho, with a bit more hiss with the touch, with shure e500's. Mine was week 38 , we are talking about a very small amount of hiss, it would not be noticed unless you have sensitive iems. My 5.5 seems to have just a little bit less, my nano has a little less than both, My screen was messed up on my touch, SQ was fine.

btw, which nano are you talking about? I have a UM2, and trying to find an ipod with the least hiss...

Oct 5, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by wind30 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw, which nano are you talking about? I have a UM2, and trying to find an ipod with the least hiss...

3g, although 2g is about the same, 3g just sounds a little better to me.
icon10.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #7 of 12
I never could stand the 5.5G ipod. It's just very rough in the treble for me. I think the touch is better in this regard as I could listen to it for extended periods of time.

I have week 38 touch and it has small hiss with my 16ohm er6is.

Oct 7, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kothrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 5.5G iPod and would like to get iPod touch to accompany it, mainly for wireless functionality. How's iPod touch SQ compare to 5.5G iPod ?

the 5.5g is better, more transparent and snappier at the high end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back