SQ cowon d2 vs. clix2
Nov 9, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Both players are good sound quality wise.

I have both of them right now. It all comes down to preference.

The clix is definitely the warmer sounding of the two. The d2 sounds more cold and analytical. The clix also has a heavier and "thumpier" lower end.

I personally prefer the d2. It sounds more balanced to me through the whole range. I feel like the clix misses a bit out on the highs. But the clix is definitely got a less fatiguing and fun sound.

Both players are clear but I find the d2 to sound more clear and crispier. It maybe due to the fact that the d2 has a cold sound and better highs.

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 6
I'd be the opposite. D2 shrills on highs especially on percussion heavy music, it's soundstage is narrow and distant, with no intimacy. clix2 is warmer and darker but better detailed, with better depth and width of the soundstage. Tonal nuances are also played back better on the clix2 when you load it with 320kb/s mp3's. FLAC support in the D2 actually doesn't help the player, it's still behind the clix2 IMHO.

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 6
i have only heard the clix one and if i would complain on one thing other than the weird shape it would be the hiss. otherwise, it does seem to have better soundstage and separation. the d2 misses quite a bit even to the lowly ipod when it comes to separation. it is like putting your music in a small tube. strange but good player nonetheless

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #6 of 6
yes, i am talking about the clix1. however, i have heard as well that the clix 2 hisses quite a bit. the d2 hisses very little with only somewhat sensitive headphones like my atrio m5 or the cx300 but with um2 range of iem... quite a loss. i would have to hear the 2nd clix but i cannot imagine it hisses much less than d2 if at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back