Spring Los Angeles / So. Cal meet?
Feb 5, 2004 at 8:55 AM Post #16 of 45
hi guys and computers,

i am interested in a head-fi meet as well...i voted for march because spring break is after the 25th for me since i'm college student. i have with me a cd3000 and sr80 to contribute to the listening rituals if that can help..and if i can make it =)

alex

Feb 5, 2004 at 5:37 PM Post #17 of 45

Perhaps a smaller meet could be planned first.

Who would be able to host such a meet?

We are already into the month of February, so that month is too soon.

Perhaps April will give enough time. Weeks before and after Holidays should be avoided.

Feb 6, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #18 of 45
why don't you host it at your place with you and your own headphone stuff.

edit: you could even have a puppet show too!

Feb 11, 2004 at 8:01 AM Post #19 of 45
April might be good for me even though I can never really tell. I think I missed three socal meets so far, I'd like to make it next time!

By then, on top of my current equipment, I'll have a pair of HD650s and Oelbach cables (2 pairs, the 2nd one being for my HD600s), and the Stealth.

cheers,

Arnaud.

Feb 11, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #20 of 45
Oooo. Ray's Stealth?

Will be great to finally hear the difference between the 600 and 650.

San Dietroit? You live in Carlsbad or something?
wink.gif

-Ed

Feb 11, 2004 at 8:32 PM Post #21 of 45
I'd be able to contribute my Music Hall CD25 (if no one else has one) and let you guys listen to my PhrankenFones (the drivers of a KSC-50 in the housing of a Sony MDR-301LP

Feb 12, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #25 of 45
Actually, it does not take a Stealth to hear those differences, my PreHead is conclusive enough
wink.gif

I wish my second place was Carlsbad... But it is a little colder ... Detroit... If you see what I mean.

Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
Oooo. Ray's Stealth?

Will be great to finally hear the difference between the 600 and 650.

San Dietroit? You live in Carlsbad or something?
wink.gif

-Ed

Feb 12, 2004 at 6:44 AM Post #26 of 45
Hello fellow LA headfiers!

I too am a college student and would like to come to the meet in late march...where will it be held at? I have a level 1+ music hall cd25 w/ cardas golden reference ICs, signalcable PC, a PS Audio P300, Grado HPA-1 and a pair of Joe Grado HP-2s (w/ the high bandwidth cable) and wouldn't mind bringing these items to the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #28 of 45
Any of you know good hifi headphone friendly store in LA area? Closer to pasadena the better but I wouldn't mind driving up to 30 miles for good gear. I only know this one place called Soundfactor in pasadena but they don't seem to carry lot of different models. And they don't carry any headphone amps and has only Grado cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back