Spring is coming -- Time for a Feel Good -music thread!
Feb 7, 2011 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Kiiskinen

100+ Head-Fier
Since spring is just around the corner (call me an optimist), let's have a thread about positive, relaxing, catchy and just overall summer-y songs, shall we? You know, one's that you listen when you're out doing summer-activities with your mates etc.

No genre restrictions or such, go wild.

I'll start with some of my own favorites, and if people are interested I'll keep posting stuff from my own (fairly large) summer playlist. Hopefully we can all find some new stuff to add to our summer playlists :)

Feb 8, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 22
Feb 8, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #6 of 22

A very uptempo , high energy, spring like track, one to put on in the morning whilst getting ready to go out and shake off the winter drab!

Feb 8, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #8 of 22
Hey i'm Austin and I'm new here, this got me pretty excited because theres till snow on the ground in brooklyn. Here is a list of songs that make me think of spring/summer

The Naked and Famous "Young Blood"
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WdO85Qf4Poc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"
Sublime "Garden Grove"
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mA5bvQP1bdw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

last but not least
Alice Cooper "School's Out for Summer"
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qga5eONXU_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pretty awesome jams

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #9 of 22
Good stuff people, keep 'em coming. Btw, you can embed videos by using the 'Inser Video' on the reply toolbar. Codes provided by youtube don't work properly as far as I know.

Right, time for me to contribute again:

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #12 of 22
Geez, isn't it a bit too early? Up here, there's a foot of snow in my front lawn, and 5-foot high piles that I've shoveled.
In the spirit of this thread, I really liked listening to Vampire Weekend in the summer. But right now in the dead of winter, I'm listening to more LCD Soundsystem and White Stripes.

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #15 of 22

Quote:
Geez, isn't it a bit too early? Up here, there's a foot of snow in my front lawn, and 5-foot high piles that I've shoveled.
In the spirit of this thread, I really liked listening to Vampire Weekend in the summer. But right now in the dead of winter, I'm listening to more LCD Soundsystem and White Stripes.

It's never too early to get some spring in your step :) Looking out the window, there's half a meter of snow everywhere and -10 (hell yeah, it was -25 yesterday!), but the sun is shining and the days are a lot longer than a month ago so the spring really is coming. Plus I'm head over heels which is always a sure sign of spring ;D

Dang, can't find James Last - Where Do I Go online. It's a perfect spring song. Oh well, have some others:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back