Spring Break
Mar 27, 2006 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

daba

500+ Head-Fier
So Spring Break officially starts today, and my girl and I are looking for places to visit. I've already visited Yosemite although I wouldn't mind visiting again. The only caveat is that I drive a 350Z and it doesn't really like the bumpy terrain in the woods. So I guess a road trip is in order. So far, we have a few places in mind:

- Yosemite
- Mendocino
- Sequoias

We just went to Lake Tahoe, so we're probably not going to visit there again. By the way we're from Berkeley, and I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance from there and back. Any suggestions? We leave tomorrow!

Thanks!

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 3
If i could get out of town this is what i'd do: go up and down the coast and visit every single mission/historic site, the de young museum, getty, norton simon, and maybe a few theme parks: California is a large and wonderful place. have fun.
Edit: you could go on a grand California tour: down the beaches, LA, San Diego, Santa Barbara, then go east to the desert, up to Las Vegas, then west to the mountians, spend some days in the Sierra Nevada. Go up, come down through Napa and and back to the SF bay area.

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 3
1. Mercer Caverns/Murphy, California
2. Carmel Beach
3. Santa Cruz
4. San Luis Obispo/Madonna Inn http://www.madonnainn.com/
5. Los Angeles
6. San Diego
7. Venice Beach
8. Santa Monica
9. Highway 1
10. Bass Lake
11. Shaver Lake