spreading the joy of good sound
Sep 3, 2007 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

koshui

Head-Fier
Hi, I've registered only few months ago but have been reading this forum for ~2years now.
It was about that time that I went and bought my girlfriend a pair of SR80s as a present and she loved them from a first listening.
I want to thank you Head-Fi for the following:

We live in separate cities and every time my girlfriend visits me she wants to listen to music since according to her:"it sounds wonderful".

Last weekend, she was here and suddenly she said: "I saw this guy on a buss listening to Sennheiser headphones".
I went: "how did you know it was Sennheiser?".
"I recognized Sennheiser's 's' ", she promptly replied.
Guess this could be explained that I happen to own few pairs of Sennheiser phones and she spends a lot of time sitting on sofa listening to my HD650s but still I got a bit confused.
We started talking about headphones and she said:"I can't listen to my stereos anymore since the sound is too thin compared to my headphones. I played some music to roommate via HPs and she was stunned how good they sounded."
and continued:"Can't stand when my roommate plays music from her stereos as the bass is overwhelming and you can't hear mids or highs, they lack music." Her words, not mine.

I was like WHAT.. what I have I done. Seems like I have converted my girlfriend to be an audiophile
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh.. the best part, she promised to come and listen to subwoofers for my 2ch system as she was interested how it would improve the sound quality of it and didn't worry about how it would look on the floor.

I'm in love
smily_headphones1.gif
(no, not with you guys)

Sep 3, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 8
And they say that the good hearing is wasted on the gals. I guess it's not always true!
very_evil_smiley.gif

....only kidding ladies! I just wish that we guys could hear as well as most of you can!
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 8
great story, very cool

I have g/f's who will not even try my SR225 because of the looks.
plainface.gif

I figure I only wear them at home so what does it matter?
It's the sound that counts.
rs1smile.gif

And yes, some do notice the difference.
tongue.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by koshui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I've registered only few months ago but have been reading this forum for ~2years now.
It was about that time that I went and bought my girlfriend a pair of SR80s as a present and she loved them from a first listening.
I want to thank you Head-Fi for the following:

We live in separate cities and every time my girlfriend visits me she wants to listen to music since according to her:"it sounds wonderful".

Last weekend, she was here and suddenly she said: "I saw this guy on a buss listening to Sennheiser headphones".
I went: "how did you know it was Sennheiser?".
"I recognized Sennheiser's 's' ", she promptly replied.
Guess this could be explained that I happen to own few pairs of Sennheiser phones and she spends a lot of time sitting on sofa listening to my HD650s but still I got a bit confused.
We started talking about headphones and she said:"I can't listen to my stereos anymore since the sound is too thin compared to my headphones. I played some music to roommate via HPs and she was stunned how good they sounded."
and continued:"Can't stand when my roommate plays music from her stereos as the bass is overwhelming and you can't hear mids or highs, they lack music." Her words, not mine.

I was like WHAT.. what I have I done. Seems like I have converted my girlfriend to be an audiophile
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh.. the best part, she promised to come and listen to subwoofers for my 2ch system as she was interested how it would improve the sound quality of it and didn't worry about how it would look on the floor.

I'm in love
smily_headphones1.gif
(no, not with you guys)

I just posted something similar in another thread. Just started seeing this girl and she loves my RS1s. She said it just sounds like you are there and that they sound amazing and she thinks they are worth what I paid for them!

I did a similar thing and gave her my MS1s

Congrats to you too! I think I'm falling in love already!

P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back