Sprang for Probot CD today...
Apr 2, 2004 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TeRrAPh0eNiX

100+ Head-Fier
...and holy CRAP IS IT RECORDED BADLY.

The Bass: It's freaking overpowering. I went to foobar and turned it to -6, -3, and the rest of the EQ flat. It's bad.

Treble: bah. Weird.

The whole sound: It's just... not great. Very muddy, but the recording quality is somewhat inconsistent throughout the CD. I don't know how to put it into words, but i think i've increased my knowledge of bad sound since coming to headfi.
600smile.gif

EDIT: I forgot to add WHAT exactly this CD is:
Here Dave Grohl writes a bunch of "metal," and hands it off to underground metal artists to play. They've recorded it and here it is. 11 songs of more hard rock-ish metal.

So anyway, the music
biggrin.gif
: Most songs are pretty much *meh*, but some songs are pretty good, namely "Ice Cold Man, "Shake Your Blood," and "Access Babylon." I should go into more depth, but i dont think i can explain it much.
biggrin.gif

I don't think i should have bought this CD, methinks, so what i'm gonna do is rip it to FLAC on computer (which i do anyway) and sell the CD to Zia's ( a local store of mine in tucson that buys and sells used CDs).

Apr 2, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #2 of 4
I was looking at that CD the other day. I considered buying it. In fact I was still considering it until I read your post.
Thanks for the heads up. You saved me some money.

Apr 3, 2004 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 4
Well hey, hey, now, it's not all over. There's always the morning after. :p

I was listening to it ALL DAY today at school on my Karma. It seems to have grown on me! All songs have very good chords, catchy beat, and in some cases, like "Red War," you can really headbang yourself silly.
biggrin.gif
I think i've gotten over the so-so recordings... the music's better than the recording, that's for sure, but have a look-see for yourself. If any of you have AIM, i can send you any song(s) you want in any bitrate/file type you wish. Please, have a listen. It'll grow on you!
600smile.gif

PM or AIM for details.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back