Spotify Anyone?
Aug 31, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #16 of 39
Spotify is great for casual listening, fast and easy to use. It also got me a little more legal in terms of how I acquired music.

I also like to use it for scouting related artists, it does a good job of that.

Aug 31, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #17 of 39
How do you use it to scout for related artists?
Haven't done that yet.

Quote:
Spotify is great for casual listening, fast and easy to use. It also got me a little more legal in terms of how I acquired music.

I also like to use it for scouting related artists, it does a good job of that.

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #18 of 39
You just click on the name of the artist you are listening to,it will bring up all the tracks they have by them plus at the top of the page will be a list of related artists.
I have just upped to Premium ouch!!.Worth every penny on the phones and nearly ok on the main system.

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #19 of 39
Does anyone know of a way to get Spotify to play through WASAPI on Windows 7? The sound quality is impressive, almost good enough to get me to drop my Grooveshark account, but WASAPI just makes such a huge difference.

Sep 6, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #20 of 39
I tried the free version and it was nice. Im still considering to buy the membership. 

Sep 6, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #21 of 39
Is anyone using Spotify that is also using Google Music?  I'm currently using Google Music, and wondering if Spotify is worth jumping to?

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #22 of 39

Thanks for this tip. Here's another for Premium members. When you go into settings, when you are checking to ensure you have high quality streaming checked, uncheck the box for Set the same volume level for all tracks. Gain riding, even in the digital domain, impacts sound quality and unchecking this results in better sound IMO.
Quote:
You just click on the name of the artist you are listening to,it will bring up all the tracks they have by them plus at the top of the page will be a list of related artists.
I have just upped to Premium ouch!!.Worth every penny on the phones and nearly ok on the main system.

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #23 of 39
If you care about licensing (and I do) there is no contest between the two services. Spotify is fully licensed for all content. With Grooveshark the issue is much less clear - read about the licensing information they have posted or else the Wikipedia article.
Quote:
Does anyone know of a way to get Spotify to play through WASAPI on Windows 7? The sound quality is impressive, almost good enough to get me to drop my Grooveshark account, but WASAPI just makes such a huge difference.

Sep 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #24 of 39
As bloop said, gapless playback is a real buzzkill. Selection is okay: much much better than grooveshark (where you'll find 23 versions of the album, each with a different half of the songs), but I'm not convinced it's better than what I'm already using. Convenience is great. I would upgrade to the premium (I almost did), but I read that gapless doesn't work regardless of premium/free. I can't pay for something that is missing something so basic (probably doesn't look basic from the perspective of their software team :p).

I noticed that you can't mute the ads: when I turn down the volume, wait ~30s, and turn it back up, the ad keeps going where I cut it off. Sort of frustrating and it makes me want to pay premium, but like I said, I don't want to do that. So I just don't use it due to minor snags. :|

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #25 of 39
Spotify now has an app which gives it a Pandora-like radio feature. It has some issues but it's still pretty decent. Note that it is not endorsed or approved by Spotify.

http://echofiapp.com/

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #28 of 39
In my opinion and for my uses, spotify is amazing and I have very few complaints. Unless you have very very high quality equipment (i know most of you probably do lol) i doubt you'd notice any audible loss of quality. The selection is massive compared to any other streamer I've seen, even for some of my lesser known dubstep and techno artists I favorite. And any track they don't have that I want on there I can simply import it from my comp and I have all my music in one place. I have some friends who use it for varying genres from classical to rap and they all love the selection. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back