Spotify and latency?
Jul 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Trasselkalle

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I was hoping my relatively new NuForce HDP would handle USB latency without any tinkering from my end. I'd like to get Spotify to run without having any latency problems. At least I suspect that it's latency... A quick 'pop' or two interrupts the music very briefly on and off.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit and I've disabled all other sound devices.

Edit: I should be clear that I normally run optical and thus don't have any latency problems. I was just testing the USB and this struck me as odd.

Jul 17, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 3
Hey Now,

I just started using Spotify. I have not had any latency issues with my set up. I am using Hughes.net satellite with a 2MB download speed. iMac USB > M2Tech Hiface > Audio-gd REF 5 > Bottlehead Quickie pre-amp > Parasound Zamp > Energy CB 5 speakers. Sounds pretty decent. Smooth sounding, no drop offs so far. I may have to elect to get the premium service, the adverts are kind of jarring to say the least and you could get 320kbps streams to boot, if available.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

p.s. Yeah the adverts suck. They definitely interrupt the listening mood.

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 3
You appear to be using Mac, or? The Mac implementation of USB is much better than the PC and won't have the same problems.

Oh, and premium is well worth it for the much higher quality .ogg encoding (as well as getting rid of adverts + being able to use it on your iPhone/Android). Here in Sweden, most ppl who use it seriously are on premium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back