SPORTS BIKE riders out there?? Show us what you got!
Mar 23, 2008 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Bon

100+ Head-Fier
400cc fzr-r 1991
3 stages of license here in new zealand stopped me getting a larger bike - probably for the best tbh
wink.gif

Had to sell her in the last month unfortunately being a student and all, and to fund my trip to japan,

went like a rocket (not compared to some others out there of course) and i loved every minute
tongue.gif
(especially when the occasional honda thinks they have the slightest chance and tries to give you a run for your money)

very keen to get back on the road asap, sure as hell beats the bus in the morning on the way to uni.

interested to see what else people ride on head-fi so post what you got, pictures more than welcome

Mar 24, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #4 of 37
Ok I’ll have a go.
This is my bike at the moment. Not really a sportsbike, but I like it and it will do for me.
It has 116.1 bhp at 9038 revs. Torque 106 Nm at 3710. It weighs 210 Kg, so I think it would be a sports/tourer.
Maximum speed was 275 Km an hour on the Dynajet. I never managed to reach that in normal circumstances.

Here are some pictures:

Foto-SV8UNC4J.jpg

Foto-8HKVKTHM.jpg

Mar 24, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #6 of 37
Yep it's a dent, but by design. Saves me the trouble
biggrin.gif

It's a Triumph Sprint ST 1050 with aftermarket exhaust (Trident)

Foto-DTEZ4OZC.jpg

Mar 24, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #7 of 37
Maybe not a sport bike, but rather a sports tourer. But I post anyway...

Picked up a 2008 Honda VFR 800 ABS last week.
smily_headphones1.gif

800cc V4 engine with VTEC (love the roaring sound), which put out 110hp.
I did manage to put down 87km on it before the snow fall. It will hopefully dry up in a week or two, so I can get back on the wheels.

11qx0.jpg

66859466wr6.jpg

Mar 24, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 37
It might not be a 'real' sportsbike, but it's all I can afford as a student. 1997 Suzuki GS500E:
GS500.jpg

krmathis: Congrats on the VFR800 - my dream everyday commuter-bike
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #11 of 37
Quote:

but it's all I can afford as a student.

Understandable, with the extra taxes You got on bikes (and cars) in Denmark
frown.gif

Quote:

Picked up a 2008 Honda VFR 800 ABS last week.

Nice with a bit of snow. You land softer when You crash
eek.gif

I will get back with pics of my Speed Triple when I have uploaded the pics somewhere....

Mar 24, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #12 of 37
Love the Buell, they quite common in the us?
Busa would be a bit over the top for me i think, specially jumping from the 400 obviously
redface.gif
even in the years to come i think my limit would be under the 1000cc mark

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #13 of 37
Funny, because I crashed my Vespa LX125 last week here in Cayman. It was silly; I just wasn't paying enough attention and a corner came up much too quickly. Ehh, but the wounds are healing well, just scrapes and bruises.

Despite this, I'm still thinking about getting 8 times as much power for use in the US. Here's the beast I have in mind (in red):

Ducati.com

Or possibly this one:

Ducati.com

I probably won't make a decision until this summer. I'm not so worried about the power because I'm sensible enough not to try to put it all down or to attempt to drive beyond my abilities. I'm more concerned about my tendency to let my mind wander! Of course that's not nearly as likely on this kind of bike as it is on a scooter.

I think if you're dressed right (which I wasn't when I crashed, just wearing deck shoes and shorts) and you're 100% mentally alert and you drive defensively for the most part (and only aggressively on occasion and never in traffic), you should be fine.

Should be. But it's still pretty scary at times, and that's the rub. Nothing gives you more of a buzz, but you're also putting yourself in grave risk of danger no matter how careful you are. So I'm not so sure...

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love the Buell, they quite common in the us?
Busa would be a bit over the top for me i think, specially jumping from the 400 obviously
redface.gif
even in the years to come i think my limit would be under the 1000cc mark

Bon; The tubular Buell S-1 was only produced from 1996-98, and not a lot made. The Buell was then bought out by H-D. Buell/HDs are not so common but I've seen more on the street than 'Busas or Guzzis, but not as common as Ducatis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back