SportaPro headphones, sound good to me!
Feb 18, 2006 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bill99hawk

New Head-Fier
I had a set of KSC-35, they sounded very good. I just didn't like clips ons. I read that the Portapros and Sportapros use the same drivers, so ordered the Sportapros. They were received yesterday. Popped in some good electronica house music for a listen and they were boomy and muddy sounding in the bass, and the highs and mids were a little too much. But what I noticed was they were pressing against my ears, as opposed to the KSc-35s kind of dangling there. I pulled them away from my ears to about the same pressure the KSC-35s had and the sound was a lot better. So I tried ways to reposition them and what I found was the sound from them was just as good as the KSC-35. I positioned the ear pieces so they were lightly touching my ears, instead of pressing snuggly; I positioned them higher where the upper pads were pressing tighter on my head, allowing the earpads to sit loosely on my ears. This made a huge difference. I don't have the KSC-35 anymore to make an A/B comparison, but I would say they sound about the same. I haven't read this before from anyone so I thought I would make a posting. I like the headband a lot more than the clip on type.

Feb 18, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 3
Yup, the Koss Sporta/PortaPro rock! Glad to see you enjoy them
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back