sporta vs porta...I think the sporta has it
Feb 17, 2005 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

brian183

100+ Head-Fier
so yesterday in school my MS1's were nearly destroyed by a foot. I dropped them and someone was like an inch away from crushing them. It was one of those moments where your life flashes through your head...yeah it scared me. So I've now decided to keep my best cans at home and bring the runner up to school from now on. I was trying to decided between my sportas or the portas and after some listening I discovered the sporta, I think, is a better headphone than the porta. Both phones have the pad mod done to them yet the highs and mids in the sporta are much better. Usually the highs and mids in the porta are still kinda distant but in the sporta there much closer (kinda like my MS1's). Also, I noticed that the bass (pretty much the whole bass range) is much tighter and controlled than the porta which I like cause too much bass is annoying to me. The only thing I hate bout the sportas is that dam mute button
mad.gif
Has anyone else out there noticed this?

Feb 17, 2005 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by brian183
The only thing I hate bout the sportas is that dam mute button
mad.gif

What damn mute button ? Can't find one here.
confused.gif

If porta have more bass than sporta then I wouldn't even think of using them.
basshead.gif
eek.gif

Have you tried sr40 ? They seem to be a good contender for portable open phones.

Feb 17, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #4 of 10
Well I wouldn't say that one has more bass than the other but it seems the sporta controls it better or something lol. Sorry, I guess I don't really know how to explain it. I haven't had a chance to listen to SR40s but a friend at school has SR60s that I keep forgetting to ask him to bring one day.
Yeah my sportas come with this stupid push button muter on the cord. It can be really annoying if u accidently press your arm on it while listening to your fav part of a song.

Feb 18, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nak Man
What damn mute button ? Can't find one here.
confused.gif

If porta have more bass than sporta then I wouldn't even think of using them.
basshead.gif
eek.gif

Have you tried sr40 ? They seem to be a good contender for portable open phones.

Yep, the Sportas have the mute button, the Portas don't.

Brian183-- maybe adjusting the comfort zone setting on the Porta would reduce the bass a bit, since the driver wouldn't be pushing against your ear so hard.

Feb 18, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10
I felt that the Sporta and Porta came very close. I have them both so I moved on to SR60 - VERY nice.

I like the SR60's too, but I just wish they had a little more of the Porta/Sporta/KSC-35/KSC-75 bass... it just makes the music a little more enjoyable and less harsh...

Feb 18, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #9 of 10
Open headphones in a school?

You'd annoy a lot of people, and you'd have the raise the volume quite a bit compared to the volume you listen to at home :/

I have the PPs, and I find that they're most suitable for home use (ironic eh). Listening to them in the caf or on a bus can't be good for your ears.

Feb 19, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #10 of 10
Not all Sportas have the mute button.

Soundwise, there is not much different, but as others stated, the Sportas are maybe a little less heavy in the bottom. Great little phones, they can often be had for less money than Portas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back