Spoiled by the Grado Sound
Feb 22, 2006 at 1:06 PM Post #16 of 19
Depending on your source, either the MS-2i's, or 325i's are what you need! 325i's are a bit more pronounced in the highs, but still very controlled!
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #17 of 19
My SR-325i has very accurate, punchy bass. It is one of my favourite cans at the moment! Comparatively, my HD650 sound very boring and unengaging. If you've always liked Grados, then I would highly recommend the SR-325i! It may be quite a bit heavier than the average non-metal Grado.

Feb 24, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by aufeuer
The fit of the 595 was extremely comfortable, however I was a bit surprised at the sound of what is deemed as the most forward sounding Senn. It sounded a bit dark for my tastes, and I had to adjust the treble up a bit to compensate.

Wow, that would fit my experience with the 595's to a T. I to was coming from a set of Grado's and was rather disappointed with the Senn's perfomance.

Do yourself a favor, try and demo the MS-2i's. I really enjoyed them, they were probably my favorite out of the Grado's I've owned. They really shined with any kind of guitar work. I just wish I didn' have to sell them...
frown.gif
O well, I'll find another pair after I rid myself of university
biggrin.gif

Also, if you think that you're looking for a smoother feel without losing that detail we've grown to love with the Grado's (as I did), maybe have a go at a pair of DT-880's. They really hit a sweet spot for me, not losing any clarity but did a much better job with my classical and some of the jazz...

Just my $0.02, have fun!

PS. Man I haven't posted here in a while...I've missed this place
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back