Splitting output connection without loss of quality. Do I need a preamp?
Apr 2, 2011 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

maverhick

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am using my desktop speakers for nearfield use. I have the Swan T200b speakers - these are studio monitors.  For the DAC, I am using the  USB HRT Music Streamer II+ . The output from the streamer goes to the speakers and the quality is awesome.

However, I wanted to add a headphone amp to the mix at which point I needed a way to split the connection as it came out from the DAC. I used a Y splitter and sent one set of cables to the speakers and one set to the head phone amp (Fiio E9)

I feel there is a loss of quality in the music after this split has been put into place. I've tried changing connections, cables, but once the connection is split there is a definite loss in quality. Can I put in a pre amp after the streamer to stem the loss in quality? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Apr 3, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 6
You can try line out of FLIO E9 (you can connect USB HRT Music Streamer II+ => Fiio E9 => Swan T200b).

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 6
Just a thought, do correct me if I am wrong - Wouldn't another equipment like the E9 bridging the chain cause a loss in quality? I think the same can be argued of a pre-amp, but then pre-amps are designed with it in mind? 

Will get the cables and try connecting HRT to the E9 and get back if I there is an audible difference.

Thanks!

Apr 4, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 6
I hope that your Flio E9 just bypass signal to line out so you haven't loose quality.

Yes, exactly. Just buy a simple cable or DIY, and try it.
Quote:
Will get the cables and try connecting HRT to the E9 and get back if I there is an audible difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back