Splitting a balanced output from my DAC, signal degradation?
Oct 7, 2012 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

attilahun

100+ Head-Fier
So I've got the Bryston dac (bda1) and I like the sound and multiple array of inputs.

However, it only has one balanced output and I'd like to send balanced signals to my main stereo as well as another headphone amp or two.
Is there an elegant way to achieve this?

I could easily split the output with xlr y cables, would that degrade my signal too much?
What about getting three balanced outputs from the one output?

Any thoughts and suggestions most appreciated.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #2 of 5
The DAC output should be solid enough to supply 2-3 receivers, but if you link it with devices having fairly low input impedance it may not work too well. Amps however usually have pretty high input impedance, so you should be fine. I have used this method many times and never had a problem.
You may get an xlr signal splitter if you are really concerned, but most likely it won't make any difference in your case.

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 5
The DAC output should be solid enough to supply 2-3 receivers, but if you link it with devices having fairly low input impedance it may not work too well. Amps however usually have pretty high input impedance, so you should be fine. I have used this method many times and never had a problem.
You may get an xlr signal splitter if you are really concerned, but most likely it won't make any difference in your case.

Great to hear Pleasantsounds, appreciate your sharing the info.
I'm going to give it a whirl.

Oct 14, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 5
I had the same question as well. Post your findings Atilla after you try it out. I think it should work fine, and I plan to do it as well, but hearing from someone who just tried it would be good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back