Split desktop dac/amp
Apr 17, 2015 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

StarX

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Been looking for this but couldn't find it. Hopefully one of you could help me out.
I'm using an Audio Technica ATH-M50 and Harman & Kardon Soundsticks III on the iMac. Quiet pleased with the sound that comes out of such low-cost gear, I'd like to have a dac/amp that I can connect to the iMac to plug in the headphones and speakers at the same time without having to switch every time. If possible an option to mute one of the devices and sub € 100...
Or am I being too much of a cheap *ss?

A big thanks in advance for the suggestions or tips

cheers

StarX

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #2 of 4
  Been looking for this but couldn't find it. Hopefully one of you could help me out.
I'm using an Audio Technica ATH-M50 and Harman & Kardon Soundsticks III on the iMac. Quiet pleased with the sound that comes out of such low-cost gear, I'd like to have a dac/amp that I can connect to the iMac to plug in the headphones and speakers at the same time without having to switch every time. If possible an option to mute one of the devices and sub € 100...
Or am I being too much of a cheap *ss?

FiiO E10K ($76 USA), USB-DAC-amp, no mute switch, but other wise does everything else for you.

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 4
Honestly if you're quite pleased with sound I wouldn't buy an amp/dac for the gear you have. If you're going to spend the money on audio I'd save and by better headphones.

Edit: Haha, I totally missed the functionality part of your post. Disregard
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back