Split between B&O H6 and B&W P7 wireless
Jan 28, 2017 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

lifeisbeautiful

New Head-Fier
I ordered both the H6 and P7 wireless to see which I like more and return the other. I have put around 10 to 15 hours on each. I don't have an amp. Listening out of my iPhone and MacBook Pro. This is where I am right now:

B&W P7 (in wired mode. Haven't tried wireless yet)

1.Love the bass. It makes it real fun to listen to these.
2. Slightly easier to drive than H6.

B&O H6:
1. Much more comfortable than P7.
2. Much better instrument separation. Sound stage feels much wider.
3. Better mids.

I am not a bass head. But, the P7 feels a bit more engaging. In all the other departments, I like the H6.

Given that the H6 is at least $100 less than the P7, is there anything I can do to get the H6 bass close to P7?
Or, is there any other headphone that has the H6 sound signature with P7 bass?

Thanks.

Apr 18, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 2
I just got a pair of reconditioned B&W P7 wireless, to see how they compare with my B&O H8. 

I have to say that the P7 are pretty much everything I was hoping the H8 would be - the P7 bass is more dominant than the H8, and can be a little claustrophobic at times, but the bluetooth implementation is far superior; the H8 were extremely sensitive to position and movement, regularly stuttering even when the transmitter was very close (e.g. a phone in my pocket). The P7 are rock solid with a much greater range - I can wander into another room without noticing or breaking connection.

Wired, they both sound good - I'd say the H8 have greater clarity across the frequency range, but there's not a lot in it.

For comfort, I find the P7 superior too - the H8 aren't uncomfortable, but they don't stay in place very well if you're moving about - perhaps that's a result of being on-ear rather than over-ear like the P7, but I can exercise wearing the P7 - I can't do that with the H8.

For me, the bluetooth performance is the clincher - I can listen to bluetooth sources without any frustrating breakups or interruptions, and over a wider distance range. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back