Spiritualized: The Complete Works Vol. 1
Feb 15, 2003 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3
Good news for Spiritualized fans:

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2003/02/1409.cfm

Wow, 24 hard to find songs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2003 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 3
Love this band. The other day, I was listening to "Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating In Space", and was just amzed by it yet again. That must be one of the all-time great headphone albums EVER. If you are a fan of psychedelic music with subtle phase shifts, that creep, creep, creep up on you and change the perspective and position of the sounds in your ears, you'll love this CD. It can be literally a dis-orienting experience. He layers sound after sound on top of each other and shifts them around your field of view in a really hypnotic way, causing your brain to feel like it's melting! From what I've read, Pierce spends 2-3 times the amount of time mixing his albums as he does actually recording them. As a result, the mixing on the Spiritualized records is a huge part of the experience. In short, I can't reco this band highly enough! Ladies.. is best, but the new one, Let It Come Down is a close second.

The Spiritualized catalog is just crying out to be released on SACD/DVD-A! Man, if he re-mixes them for multi-channel, that would be INSANE! Turn that guy loose with 4 extra channels to play with and real 3-dimensional space to move around in, and.... mmmmmmmm... Spiritualized!

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back