Spirit Torino TITANO Part1
Mar 31, 2020 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

best56

100+ Head-Fier
Spirit TITANO PART 1

Set up:
Source: Liquid Music with Mac Book Pro + Audirvana Plus + TIDAL
Headphone Amplifier: Burson Conductor V2+ (With DAC)
Headset: Spirit Torino TITANO & Spirit Twin Pulse

Good morning, friends,
Last week I received from Andrea, from Spirit Torino, an unexpected W.A., with whom he asked me if I wanted to try his latest production, with the mythical name "TITANO", in a Pre Produzione production, since as we all know, in this period all the companies are closed, because of Covid 19.
This configuration, explains to me, is definitive for the internal parts, but it adopts the Cup with the "Radiant" silkscreen printing, for the above mentioned reasons, moreover it informs me, that this one mounts fixed Cables Portento Audio and Magnets increased, and that therefore, compared to the future Basic Version, this one will be called "Titano Ragnarr".
The wait for the Shipment, luckily it lasted a short time, in fact BRT, delivered here in Sardinia in just 2 days, a sign that the Goods actually work normally.
So, after the appropriate sanitization, I took some photos of the package, which I found cute and elegant in her Black dress with the Spirit logo in the middle of the top door. Inside, the Red Passion Headphone is placed on the left, followed by a wooden strip with Spirit Torino's silkscreen print and on the right is the big Cable. As said, this last one is soldered directly to the internal Drivers, but in the Final Sale, you can have a Removable Cable, for all those who want to try other Aftermarket Cables, on this Headphone. The look of the Headphone is, as always, "Sparkling" in its Red dress, and it is very well made in all its aesthetic parts, and it is indeed a pleasure to have it in your hands, where you appreciate the quality of construction and a real sense of perceived Quality. The Pads in Leather and Alcantara, show on the front part 5 through holes on the whole thickness of the Pad, and show internally a thread, where you can mount some grains, as inserts, to close at will and number these holes, thus obtaining variations on the presence and strength of the Low range. This version didn't have such grains, so I adopted a common paper tape in the listening sessions.
After this brief description I connected the Headphone to one of my Headphone Drivers and subjected it to 3 Cycles of 75 minutes, with the Cascode Burn up Track by Taralabs, which aims to make a Fast Break-in to the Headphone Cable, as well as to the internal dynamic system of the 2 South African drivers.
Then I connected the Spirit Torino Titano to the Burson Conductor V2+, connected to a Mac Book Pro with Player Audirvana Plus + TIDAL, and I started the listening, setting the Volume to 46/100, for a lively listening but not dangerous for my ears.
I started with some tracks of Aqualung by Jethro Tull. The Headphone, in configuration with the 5 Open Holes, that Andrea defines as Hi-Fi listening, pushes well, with a very good Dynamics and Transparency and the presence of the Bass are beautiful and fast and pulls some nice woods, all very captivating and involving... The thing that is immediately evident is that the Sound, remains confined inside the head, while listening with the Twin Pulse, the soundstage is in my opinion, much more open in Horizontal, therefore in Width, coming out beyond my skull, so the Scene, with the TP is more airy and spaced out. But keep in mind that there are 4 drivers here and not 2 so this is normal. Having done this, I have to acknowledge to the Titan, a Dynamic, Transparent and Visceral behaviour, for how the Music is playing. The Sound Plans are well spaced and easy to be well identified, the Mid/High Range, beautiful, shiny, extended and precise, without ever going into distortion. The Low and Medium Low Range is present in the right amount and full-bodied, without going to prevail on the highest frequencies, giving a correct and proportionate image to the whole audio spectrum.
Then I put on a File titled "Una Noche with Ruben Blades & the Lincoln Orchestra"...a Live Album, recorded very well, here the Sound of the Titan is very beautiful, vivid, and really Live, even if the Soundstage is not very extended and therefore remains in the head...but with the due spatiality between the many Orchestral musicians and Ruben's Voice always remains very well focused in the middle of the head. The many sounds do not seem to overlap and all the musicians are well focused. Let's say that compared to the TP, it lacks only a little bit the extension of the soundstage, instead present in a marked way on the TP. These South African drivers respond well to the entire Sound Frequency Range, showing a beautiful and important front end, and captivating with a mid/high range, with a realism and a truly Live effect of the event you are listening to. Finally the coupling of the Titan Headphone with the Burson Conductor V2+, I found it, really perfect and satisfying and the Headphone is driven very well, from the 8 Watts of the Conductor...such to give to this first Set up, a Vow close to 5 Stars...Tomorrow I will continue the test, with other Headphone Amps, both Solid Stage in Class A and Valve in S.E. and Push Pull in Calsse A.
I'll just tell you that I'm doing some work on the closing of two or more holes is a "Crazy Cool"...because...Stay Tuned!!!....

Attachments

• _DSC9990.jpg
    _DSC9990.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • _DSC9993.jpg
    _DSC9993.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • _DSC9998.jpg
    _DSC9998.jpg
    774.3 KB · Views: 0
  • _DSC9999.jpg
    _DSC9999.jpg