Spiral Ears SE6 introduced!
Jan 24, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #256 of 265
Oct 24, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #257 of 265
A year ago, Spiral Ear said they would make demos of the SE6 Edge and organize a tour. Since then, absolutely no news. I love what SE does, but it's hard dealing with people so commercially autistic.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #258 of 265
I'm not too sure about the rest of the world, but my friend got his SE6 EDGE about half a year ago or so, after auditioning a demo unit at 4-Ear http://www.4-ear.com/. Apparently they are Spiral Ear's distributor in Shanghai. He also mentioned some other place in Hong Kong, but I don't remember at the moment. I got my SE6 EDGE directly from SE.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #259 of 265
Spiral Ear just released universal IEMs...

Oct 30, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #260 of 265
I’m really interested in these. I kinda wish they were still in a universal silicone mold so we could choose the colors…

Has anyone tried a pair?

Edit: interested in the universal versions

Oct 31, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #261 of 265
Interesting! All the more than they have said for the past 10 years that it could never be done.
My hypothesis is that the sound quality is close to that of the custom models, but perhaps without the full visceral bass effect that may come only from having the silicone filling up your entire ear.
However - for trying out sounds signatures - this is great.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #262 of 265
What happened to Spiral Ears?

Their website is gone.

Aug 27, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #264 of 265
Wow a universal option. And priced reasonably.

Aug 28, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #265 of 265
I have to admit that the lack of conversation about the latest models seems to confirm these products are still ultra-niche. Grzergorz told me they are focusing on expanding to other markets than the EU. Perhaps this explains the push towards universal models and the Chinese market.

I still continue to enjoy my SE5 Ultimate, but custom IEMs have lost most of their appeal to me. Sure, they're nice to have, but for the price commanded by flagships one can now afford both a pair of excellent full-sized headphones and a pair of decent bluetooth in-ears with ANC. No more trouble with demo units, potential fit issues, long manufacturing lead times, weird ownership policies, close-to-zero resell value, expensive remolds, so-so noise isolation in planes etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back