Spiral Ears SE6 introduced!
Dec 12, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #211 of 265
From the rumors I heard - them suing customers etc., I'd rather avoid this company like the plague

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #213 of 265
Suing customers? The contact is professional and friendly, fast and qualified.. there was not a single problem at any time with the owner

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #214 of 265
My answer to members pointing out "Spiral Ear bashing":
1. If you look at other TOTL CIEMS, you can find people critical of their performance, price and service (remember JH five years ago, with their carbon fiber shell?)
2. Bashing means being unfairly critical. I don't think critics about Spiral Ear are unfair.

Two aspects deserve to be discussed:
1. How SE is treating their customers
2. SE's policy of no demo / no reshell / etc.

1. How Spiral Ear is treating their customers
Well... clearly not like a company charging 10x the average market price for the category. They terminated ownership transfer last August, making existing owner's SE5 resell value go from $800 to $0. Any decent company would have at least sent an email to their customers saying something like:

"Dear customer, thank you for being a Spiral Ear owner. We would like to announce that starting September 1, orders will not be eligible for ownership transfer. For orders placed before that date, we will of course continue to honor our commitment. Please note though that due to high demand, this will take 2-3 months."

That wasn't so hard, was it? So what did Spiral Ear do? A Facebook post, casually mentioning below the fold: "Ownership transfer service has been discontinued." Come on! Really? Is the 6-year old cousin in charge of business decisions?

2. SE's policy of no demo / no reshell etc.
It's up to the company, and I respect it, but very old-school (old like the 1850's, not the 90's). Let's not forget that a few years ago, SE threatened to take legal action if customers tried to reshell their earphones somewhere else... Totally pathetic. I know that other CIEM companies might not be doing much better, but that's no excuse.

Bottomline: Spiral Ear is like a 3-starred restaurant with McDonald's-level service. The product is fantastic, the experience crap. I stand 100% behind the product, but not behind the management. Those who do probably suffer from the Stockholm syndrome :)
Here ya go

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #215 of 265
No comment on the pricing, i heard iems like the EE wraith and if i compare those 2 the se6 could cost 2k more.. on the other hand a fearless audio s8f costs 500 and is super nice..

my experience was very positive with the company. I dont feel the urge to sell or reshell or to buy another iem since ive got it, so thats fine for me..

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #216 of 265
By the way I sincerely believe that the Se6 performances are not reaching their high price.

Just think about it. Se6 are just se5 ultimate witn an extra driver and a extra way/tube. Ok the tuning is rather different but we are in the new age now where hybrid tech is more hype and all the other totl around this price offer amazing performances and everybody is screaming that.

VE elysium, 64 audio noir, fir audio m5, qdc anole... Etc all the owners are proud to say they sounds incredible why Se6 would be an exception ?

Se6 is a totl not an everyone product and all the buyers knows they are paying one of the highest price on the market so why they should be shy about the supposed amazing perfs?

I don't believe it. For me if it is not a bad pair it is not as good as the price suggests...

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #217 of 265
By the way I sincerely believe that the Se6 performances are not reaching their high price.

Just think about it. Se6 are just se5 ultimate witn an extra driver and a extra way/tube. Ok the tuning is rather different but we are in the new age now where hybrid tech is more hype and all the other totl around this price offer amazing performances and everybody is screaming that.

VE elysium, 64 audio noir, fir audio m5, qdc anole... Etc all the owners are proud to say they sounds incredible why Se6 would be an exception ?

Se6 is a totl not an everyone product and all the buyers knows they are paying one of the highest price on the market so why they should be shy about the supposed amazing perfs?

I don't believe it. For me if it is not a bad pair it is not as good as the price suggests...
I mean if a company threatens to sue their customers, why bother? Most IEM companies don't threaten to sue customers. I am okay with a company offering bad price to performance IEMs but legal action is a strict no no.

Also, if tia noir sounds anything like the current tia forte then it is hot garbage. If it sounds like the tia forte prototype then it's one of the best ever.

I am currently looking into Elysium.

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #219 of 265

Its not the hype of hybrids

Its Effect audio King Arthur +.Caliburn

(It was a joke)

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #220 of 265
SE6 is sure amazing.
Problem with TOTL models is definitely price. There are sure similar performancers around $1000-1500. And honestly it is still a lot. I do not understand why people buying it. But it is everywhere not only in audio some people will always buy it...

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #221 of 265
I do not understand why people buying it.
People are clearly not looking at the traffic in this thread. Or SE6 buyers are all in jail because Spiral Ears sued them lmao

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #222 of 265
People are clearly not looking at the traffic in this thread. Or SE6 buyers are all in jail because Spiral Ears sued them lmao
Im not in jail, I just got tired of being called crazy and fueling the price hike everytime I write I own a pair of SE6 or any review at all. Beside, I am so content with my purchase that I dont bother checking out all the new IEMs that came out since the SE6.
My experience with the company has been good. The SE6 itself has been fantastic and probably one of the best purchase I made since joining headfi.

Ow, I'll get bashed again soon, bracing for it. Theres a guy here who just snoop the thread and bash whenever something good is said about the se6, because its out of his price range...

Ok bye.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #223 of 265
Im not in jail, I just got tired of being called crazy and fueling the price hike everytime I write I own a pair of SE6 or any review at all. Beside, I am so content with my purchase that I dont bother checking out all the new IEMs that came out since the SE6.
My experience with the company has been good. The SE6 itself has been fantastic and probably one of the best purchase I made since joining headfi.

Ow, I'll get bashed again soon, bracing for it. Theres a guy here who just snoop the thread and bash whenever something good is said about the se6, because its out of his price range...

Ok bye.
There is no issue with spiral ear SE6 sound... The issue is transferring the CIEM and the price...

Spiral ear tunes good iem

Dec 12, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #224 of 265
@seamon: Spreading uninformed rumors. If you had checked SE warranty page it mentions a possibility of taking legal action against copyright infringement by third party companies (reshelling companies), not customers lol:D. Oh, and reshellers would be a euphemism for intellectual property right thieves here, at least IMHO.
http://www.spiralear.com/en/more-info/warranty/index.html

Screenshot 2019-12-12 at 23.49.25.png

I own a pair of SE6 myself and know a few owners, but they are not head-fiers. Heck, I was going to write a review and a comparison with a couple of totl CIEM's I own as well, but it seems really pointless here. Got it a few months ago already.

Oh, and there has never been not even a single mention of it and no news about it on @theheadphonelist.com all this time as well?? Should make one wonder in my opinion.
Seems to be one of the most threatening product out there for their competition and current status quo, here at least. Well, at least it definitely seems to be the least hyped product on head-fi and probably in head-fi’s history ever:D.

Dec 12, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #225 of 265
Don't forget the Spiral Ear is a natural timbre reference tuning. It is a tuning really dedicated to few genres and boring for most others. It won't handle fast and complicated track. It is much like the Blon-03 but with Balanced Amatures.

So paying so much for it is even less justified. I own the 5-way. And I can confidently say as much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back