Speed up IE (simple reg hack)
Mar 28, 2003 at 6:27 PM Post #17 of 44
thanks for the tip. I assume just deleting the new reg entries will reverse it.

for the macintosh version of IE, you can set the max number (up to 10) of connections per server from IE itself. I wonder why microsoft doesn't allow you to set this for the windows version of IE (windows IE unmodded still faster than mac IE @ max connections in download speed though).

Mar 28, 2003 at 6:34 PM Post #18 of 44
This tip will work very well, I've been using this since the day of Win2k Beta (ver.????). I have mine set at 50 and its very very stable and with a 3.5Mbps connection it would be wrong if I didn't try to squeeze every drop of that bandwidth.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 28, 2003 at 7:38 PM Post #19 of 44
Cool trick
wink.gif

I've set mine to 25
wink.gif

Seems that AvantBrowser (seeing that it runs off of the IE core) is a lot quicker too...

I read somewhere before about the maxconnectionsperserver registry setting, but not the other one...

thanks for the heads up
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2003 at 8:30 PM Post #22 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
So, what will it do with a 56K modem connection? Anyone tried it yet???

confused.gif

I'm not sure.

I don't think it will cause anything to explode, but you might get a freeze or you might not get an improvement at all. I think a better hack for a dial-up might be to set IE to download 1 image at a time rather than 2.

If someone tries it with a dial-up, post impressions. It seems ServingEquador didn't have an issue. He seemed to like it.

Mar 28, 2003 at 10:15 PM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
Thanks, IE definitely got a lot more speedy.

Now the question is, what happens if you go over 10?
evil_smiley.gif

Mine was set for 42 and 24 already!

I set them both to 10 and it does seem a bit better.
So I guess that more may not be better in this case.
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2003 at 7:32 AM Post #27 of 44
Tried it out and I get some noticeable speed differences in I.E

Not bad at all for a minute of work ....
cool.gif

Mar 29, 2003 at 11:55 PM Post #30 of 44
I can't get the file to work. I'm on Windows 98SE (unfortunately). I download the file and save it as "all files" instead of a WinZip file and named it as 10conn.reg. When I run it, I get an error that says the file does not contain registry entries.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back