speechless
Jul 5, 2002 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Jaggers

New Head-Fier
Don't know what to say to you guys, other than "........"

Received the Cosmic and ER-4P today, and I had tears in my eyes testing different CDs, and hearing more than I've ever heard before. I'm just stunned. I don't know how to describe it. For instance, listening to John Scofield's Uberjam album, the...richness and full bodied sound of each instrument is just amazing, and the staging of it in your head with the crossfeed filter on...I'm just flipping out! Too many glorious details to discuss, it's just an entirely different listening experience. I'm coming from V6's without an amp. Did I say I was flipping out?

Lucky for me (and unlucky for my wallet hehe) my google search on headphones turned up these boards a month ago.

Mama, I've come home.

Jul 5, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 12
Congrats, Jaggers.....glad your enjoying your new rig. I also use the Cosmic and ER-4P/S combo and when I travel.....

It's a killer...
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2002 at 11:50 PM Post #7 of 12
Jaggers, which Cosmic did you buy? The "regular" Cosmic with Premium module, or the Cosmic Reference (with Reference module)? Or did you buy an older generation Cosmic, used?

Jul 6, 2002 at 12:12 AM Post #8 of 12
reg cosmic (2001)...I planned on using it with a portable so the reference module wasn't an option for the intial purchase...but now that I've heard it with the home system, I'm driven to buy the reference module (was told this was ok by Mike at Headroom) as an add on, and perhaps the BS1.

Setmenu said it best..."DOOMED." My bank account anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2002 at 1:55 AM Post #9 of 12
I'm glad you like your new setup Jaggers
biggrin.gif

Etymotics (and of course the cosmic too) win over another heart...
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2002 at 2:49 PM Post #10 of 12
Ha. What it must be like to have not really heard anything better than the V6 and then receive the ER-4P and the Cosmic in the mail. I imagine that was a pretty mindblowing experience.
smily_headphones1.gif

You may want to consider getting the 4P->4S adapter since you have the amp. You'd be surprised to find that it gets even better.

Did you pick up a traveler bag too?

Jul 6, 2002 at 4:28 PM Post #11 of 12
...must ignore Kellys post... must not see that ER4S is better than ER4P... must ignore...

Oh damnit... too late
eek.gif
eek.gif
Just when I thought I didn't have a wishlist anymore
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jul 7, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #12 of 12
Yes Kelly, I picked up the 4P->4S adapter, the larger traveler bag (for the dvd player), and even a Kimber splitter so my wife and I can enjoy movies on overseas flights together. We were concerned about how the splitter would influence the sound, but testing it yesterday yielded minimal changes (small drop in clarity, but worth it for the convenience). To minimize possible impedance problems, I picked up a pair of ER-6s for her (she tried my 4Ps and couldn't hear a difference *whew*). I haven't played with the adapter yet: I'm still in stun mode with the 4Ps, woohoo!

We leave for Greece Thursday for a month, so I'll be sure to test the adapter with the home set-up before I leave.

Thanks again for the great threads that allowed me to make an informed decision.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back