Specific Use Question
Dec 1, 2004 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

PirateJack

New Head-Fier
I am looking for the best sub-$100 set of headphones (earbuds preferred) that I can get for use with snowboarding.

Here's the catch, I often go with friends and talk a lot on the lifts and such, so I keep the levels pretty low so I can hear them without constantly messing with the volume, at the same time I still need to hear the music over the sound of the rushing wind when I'm cruizing down the slopes. Also it would be helpful to have a pair that isn't drowned out by the sound of broken bones.
blink.gif

I am looking at the $99 Shure earbuds but I'm concerned they would block out too much noise so that I couldn't hear my friends or the random skier that is out of control heading towards me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Dec 1, 2004 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by PirateJack
I am looking for the best sub-$100 set of headphones (earbuds preferred) that I can get for use with snowboarding.

Here's the catch, I often go with friends and talk a lot on the lifts and such, so I keep the levels pretty low so I can hear them without constantly messing with the volume, at the same time I still need to hear the music over the sound of the rushing wind when I'm cruizing down the slopes. Also it would be helpful to have a pair that isn't drowned out by the sound of broken bones.
blink.gif

I am looking at the $99 Shure earbuds but I'm concerned they would block out too much noise so that I couldn't hear my friends or the random skier that is out of control heading towards me. Any advice would be appreciated.

folks never believe me - i'm telling ya, KSC-35 Koss Clips with a wool cap over it! You can hear in, you can hear out, but it's isolating enough, your cans are protected from the weather, and your ears get a lil mini-muff going on! Plus, they destroy most other portable cans out there for sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back