specific set of requirements.. price range $70-$130
Nov 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

aionis

New Head-Fier
Alright so, I posted here a while back and got a lot of recommendations on what I should get with a bunch of price variance... and what it ultimately came down to was me purchasing something so I could get a feel for what it was even going to sound like.

Which I have done.

I purchased the SE215 CL and LTD for comparison, along with having some earphones that I bought from a gaming site for roughly around $40... The CL cost $95ish and the LTD cost $149ish... suffice to say, I don't think either the CL or LTD are worth that amount of money.

In all honesty.. it may sound a little bit better... but it mostly just sounds louder at so and so volume setting compared to the $40 earphones I got.. and from my understanding thats just from the ohmz anyway.

With all this in mind, what I was originally looking for was something where I could feel/hear the bass in comparison to headphones. And I was okay with spending a little bit extra to get something like that out of a earphone.

My requirements for what I want are:

1. It needs to be along the same or very similar style of the two Shure earphones I listed.

2. Within the range of <$150

3. Preferably with detachable cables so I can buy a mic with it and put that on it

4. Multi-colors that I can choose from... I don't really want just a white or black

I think the Shure earphones that I have look really good, it's just I don't feel they are worth $90-$150 considering the $40 ones I have sound pretty similar to them... Also, they all have a single microdriver, I know when you start spending more for earphones you start getting a driver specifically made for each sound level, be it the lows/mids/highs.

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #2 of 3
i still think it's impossible to get headphone type bass from earphones.  especially for $150.  i hear what you're saying though.  i am still on a quest for a pair that have huge bass, but still have airiness and good soundstage.  i went from ue6000 headphones that have big bass and read about cheap pistons and got them based off of recommendations due to their heavy bass.  when i got them, they seemed bass lite compared to my headphones.  but after i got used to them, i realized they do have huge bass, but they simply can not move the same amount of air as 40mm+ drivers.  the same way you can't get that chest rattle you get from 2 18's in the trunk.

good luck in your search as i will be following to see if the recommendations you get can steer me in the right directions.  

are you selling your se215'S?  if so, how much?

Nov 14, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 3
  i still think it's impossible to get headphone type bass from earphones.  especially for $150.  i hear what you're saying though.  i am still on a quest for a pair that have huge bass, but still have airiness and good soundstage.  i went from ue6000 headphones that have big bass and read about cheap pistons and got them based off of recommendations due to their heavy bass.  when i got them, they seemed bass lite compared to my headphones.  but after i got used to them, i realized they do have huge bass, but they simply can not move the same amount of air as 40mm+ drivers.  the same way you can't get that chest rattle you get from 2 18's in the trunk.

good luck in your search as i will be following to see if the recommendations you get can steer me in the right directions.  

are you selling your se215'S?  if so, how much?

No, I'm not selling them. I'll just be returning them, and keeping them... Just found out the $150 pair is just a limited edition... that they charged an additional $50 for just the color of the earphone changing.

And what did you find exactly? I've had like Atir something mentioned to me before, I've had people mentioning using an amp to me to boost the bass.

I'd probably gauge the SE215s at probably a $50 value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back