Specific quest for sound and comfort
Jan 28, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #16 of 18
My shortlist is:
Sennheiser hd569
AKG k271 mkII
Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm

Off the shortlist:
Sennheiser hd280 PRO
-The fit on my skin is the problem. The sound was very good, flat respons, I like that.

AKG K92
-I haven't listened to them but these have fake leather too and all previous headphones with fake leather I don't like.

Audio Technica m50x
-The fit around my ears is to tight so my ears touch the leather and start irritating.

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #17 of 18
I bought the Sennheiser hd569 and Beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80 Ohm.
These headphones I will review and send at least one back. It is otherwise quite impossible to test these cans side by side.

So far, after a few days I am starting to like the Beyerdynamic a bit more that the hd569 because these are a little bit more comfortable. The hd 569 have soft cushions (memory foam?) and, to me at least, unusual material on top. It's soft and nice but a bit in between leather and some cloth of some sort.

I can't find huge difference in sound yet. They are both a bit heavy at the bottom end.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #18 of 18
So now I have made a decision after listening to the dt770 and hd569 on my x-cans v1. The sound isn't very much different but after some long time wearing both cans the dt770 start to irritate. The "problem" is the shape of the dt770 which is round and the top and bottom of my ears touch the cushions. I might be a nitpicker but one has to choose. Maybe I'm to used to the sennheiser shape like the hd580 I have used for many years.

The dt770 looks very durable and being an 1980's product costomer support is guaranteed.
When I listened to Kind of blue (Miles Davis, dhuh) the hd569 was more musical, more like a coherant sound. But with other music the difference was not big.

Only thing I don't like about the hd569 is the cables. There is a short 1,2m cable with small connector, mic and button for mobile. But the long cable for home use has a big connector soldered to the cable. This one will be used most by me on my macbook but the macbook has a small connector. With an adapter it will be a very clumsy thing alltogether. But the hd 569 has a detachable cable so I'm looking on ebay for a replacement.

The low impedance (32Ohm) of the hd569 doesn't seem a problem for the x-cans V1. It's a bit louder than the 80ohm dt770 but not a problem with the volumeknob.

So the DT770 is going back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back