Specific amp recommendation
Oct 8, 2014 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Rlb257

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a headphone amp with the following features

Tube/hybrid 

RCA input and output 

USB or coaxial input 

also i dont know if there is a headphone tube amp with a moving coil phono stage but if there is I would love took now about it!

I like the Schiit lyr 2 but it doesn't have USB or coaxial input. So I would need a external dac if I wanted to use a digital audio player.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 7
  I am looking for a headphone amp with the following features
Tube/hybrid 
RCA input and output 
USB or coaxial input 
Also I don't know if there is a headphone tube amp with a moving coil phono stage but if there is I would love took now about it!
I like the Schiit Lyr 2 but it doesn't have USB or coaxial input. So I would need a external DAC if I wanted to use a digital audio player.
any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Maybe the Aune T1.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 7
You didn't mention a budget, or why you are opposed to having a standalone DAC.  If you are looking at Schiit, why not look into Bifrost?

Oct 9, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 7
You didn't mention a budget, or why you are opposed to having a standalone DAC.  If you are looking at Schiit, why not look into Bifrost?

I did consider this. My Marantz CD6004 has a pretty decent DAC for my uses.. So I could just use that.. Honestly I forgot about that when I posted. I don't use a DAP much but need need the option.

I think I still may get the schiit, use the DAC on my Marantz and if I want the option of moving coil in the future I can get a preamp to handle this.

Which brings me to my next question.. Can I run my turntable to a phone stage pre amp, then to the schiit lyr then to a amp to run speakers?

It sounds a little weird but I would be trying to get some of the tube sound of the lyr to my speakers... Essentially using it as a tube pre amp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back