Special headphones for that special music
Jun 24, 2012 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chad2407

New Head-Fier
First off, I just want to thank all the help you guys give with info on headphones, it was really helpful, helped me buy my new headphones but I guess now It's my turn to ask for some help.

I'll start off with the basics, my budget is around the$150.00 mark (bit higher or lower), now what is the most important to me is the music, and my music isn't the regular kind because it uses a lot of different "sounds" if you will, here's an example; XXYXX, here's an example of what kind of music I listen too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf9WLPZK2AU now, I was looking at the Audio-Technica  
M50 it looks great but is that the right one? Well any ways, I was wondering if you guys can help me out with my choice, cause I really need headphones now and I want to be satisfied with what I get, especially when it gets to that kind of music. I think it's the sub-woofer sound it creates, I'm now sure, but it's lovely.

Thanks in Advance, if there are any questions, feel free to ask.

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 4
Ah, so you too enjoy witch house/dark ambient. I feel you would be happy with a pair of Ultrasone HFI-580. They are excellent for almost any form of electronic, and perform well on many other genres. (plus they are shiny)

Jun 24, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #3 of 4
So that's what the genre is called... Yes, this type of stuff is just incredible, so deep and meditating, this artist in particular reminds me of Shlohmo, but the headphones you're recommending, are they good for that sub sound? Do they accent all  the hidden sounds?

Jun 24, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
So that's what the genre is called... Yes, this type of stuff is just incredible, so deep and meditating, this artist in particular reminds me of Shlohmo, but the headphones you're recommending, are they good for that sub sound? Do they accent all  the hidden sounds?

I'd say they have quite nice bass extension. They hit mid bass a bit better than sub, though sub is still very nice and satisfying. The detailis nothing too amazing, though with electronic it does fare well. 

In this track which has subsequent gunshots, they sound detailed and imaged well. Compared to a pair of similarly priced V-moda crossfade LP, the 580 are far better. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back