Spec me IEM with the same or more SQ HD555/595
Apr 14, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #16 of 30
Keep your HD555 and just get something cheaper. I've only heard the NE-7M of those, but for $50 don't expect it to sound as good as your HD555's. It's good for the price, but it won't match what you have.

Apr 14, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #17 of 30
Right, i probably will keep HD555 as just can't apart with it
biggrin.gif

Anything from my selections gives around to the same SQ as HD555 or which one the closest from my selections there?

Apr 14, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #18 of 30
get the ne-7m if you want the iphone bit, or like the style, or the jbuds j2 cuz they are a pretty good deal on amazon US30. any sub $200 iem IMO will disappoint based on the way you talk about SQ compared to your HD555 and this is already assuming you wont be disappointed by the inherent deficiencies of iem's, lack of sound stage, subsonic impact...

Apr 14, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #19 of 30
I don't really like the iphone bit actually and was looking at NE-8 instead

Right, i've made my decision and will be getting it tonight.

I know HD555 it's really good paired with D2X and foobar 2000 but Klipsch Custom 2 probably the nearest i can get to match HD555 from user reviews as have good amount of bass, detail and good soundstage as well. also comes with planes adapter which i can use as well. It's better be comfy tho as i never experienced IEM with over the ear design and also will be using it for 14hrs plane (hope can use it while sleeping on the side as looks quite big
confused_face(1).gif
)

Just wondering can i put this inside my pocket, just in case the wire snap (the one goes above ears)?

Thanks all for your suggestions
smily_headphones1.gif

I still would like SA6 tho. Maybe next time
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #20 of 30
To my ears, the SA6 outperform the HD595 in detail and bass definition while having the same pleasing inoffensive sound signature, and they sound great even without an amp straight from my ipod photo.
I've got some pretty decent full-size headphones (HD650, AD2000 and D5000) and the performance of the "mid-level" SA6 IEM is pretty impressive. Haven't had any build quality/cable issues, but I don't really take them on the road that much. Unfortunately the case it comes with is pretty cumbersome, and you will need to get an airline adaptor separately.

I got mine on sale from soundearphones, though I'm not sure how much UK customs will cost you.

The Audeo PFE and Monter turbines are also quite popular, perhaps they are more easily available in the UK, as well as the Senn IE range of IEMs. I havent heard these personally, but I'm sure reading through the impressions threads will give more info. The Klipsch are probably also great for the price
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope that helps.

Apr 14, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #21 of 30
Phonak PFE and Moster Turbine quite hard to get here in UK and the price over £100 which i can't afford it at the moment.

Wich i had enought for SA6
frown.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #26 of 30
Done a bit of research into earphones with a similar budget myself I ended up purchasing the Xtrememac FS1 (haven't took delivery yet though) - I beleive these are based on the Future Sonics EM3, they look pretty much the same as the Future Sonics Atrio, both are welll regarded phones. Lots of positve reviews on the US Amazon site as well as CNET.COM. General consenus from reviews is that the tips aren't that great though apart from the provided foam ones ; however, from what I have read Shure Black foam tips fit and Atrio double flanges can be bought for them as well.

£55.10 Delivered at Amazon UK in black (and white) or £53.98 Delivered at iheadphones in white -

XtremeMac FS1 Headphones - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

XtremeMac FS1 White | SALE Now On!

Reviews

XtremeMac FS1 High Definition Earphones (White) user ratings and Headphone user reviews and reviews - CNET Reviews

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: XtremeMac IPD-FSE-10 FS1 Earphones (Black)

Product Review: XtremeMac FS1 Earphones

Apr 16, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #28 of 30
As an update to my post: received the Xtrememac's and they came with Future Sonics double flanges in S, M, L sizes so no need to buy extra's. I'm guessing these are the newer revised versions (as the original tips were rubbish). FYI bought from amazon UK, although I am requesting a replacement because the cable is crimped (from new) - almost flat - like it has been pinched really hard in one spot. I think this is due to bad packaging design.

Anyone else experienced anything like this (crimped cable from new) ?

Apr 16, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #29 of 30
Just read Sleek Audio SA6 today and found out that that IEM soooo cool and also the SQ so good as well. Tempting send/cancel Klipsch and just get SA6
smily_headphones1.gif
Is it worth it?

May 23, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #30 of 30
Just got my fantastic Future Sonic Atrios.And one thing about their praised sound quality and awesome bass and sound stage is that in my opinion they sound similar to full sized cans.Which is pretty rare and amazing at $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back