Speaking of soda pop...
Jul 2, 2002 at 7:58 AM Post #31 of 66
Right, well I'm sitting here with a bottle of pepsi that has a flotilla of peanuts soaking in it in a rather oily fashion.

It tastes....er....interesting. Kind of like you'd expect coke and peanuts to taste.

Probably not something I'll do again in a hurry, but thanks for the experience.

Jul 2, 2002 at 8:13 AM Post #32 of 66
I take that back....I feel ill

You Americans are all weirdos
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2002 at 9:33 AM Post #33 of 66
Quote:

From an Australian???????

Jul 4, 2002 at 5:29 AM Post #34 of 66
Ok, the Boylans Black Cherry on this page:
Boylans Black Cherry

is some good stuff. This is the kind of stuff you wanna make mixed drinks with. In fact, you could probably mix this stuff with regular cola and come up with something pretty cool.

Jul 4, 2002 at 5:36 AM Post #35 of 66
Down the street from me is an Iranian grocery, they sell big bottles of a highly concentrated sour cherry syrup (it's very sweet, despite the name).

That, mixed with Vodka, lemonade and a dash of orange juice....yum. Because of the differing densities of liquids in it, you get "layers" of flavour, and it looks pretty weird too
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2002 at 10:16 PM Post #36 of 66
2 Channel wrote:

Quote:

Anyone in So Cal remember the "Pop Shop"? When I was little, my mom and I went there once a week for "supplies"!

We had a bunch of "Pop Shops" in Toronto during the 70's but they all fizzled out ( pun intended ) in the 80's. I was working in a variety store in 1970 and the big pop companies like Coke and Pepsi ( we call it "pop" as opposed to "soda" in Canada ) started drastically raising their prices...blaming it on high sugar prices. ( strangely enough, they raised the diet pop prices at the same rate ) This allowed the small Mom and Pop ( pun intended ) stores to proliferate. Then the big companies realized they were losing market share, got competitive with their pricing, and pretty much put all the small distributors out of business.

One of my main duties at the variety store was loading the pop coolers and sorting and stacking the empty bottle returns. There were a lot more brands back then.

dhwilkin wrote:

Quote:

Don't know about vanilla sodas, never had one.

I believe "vanilla soda" is also known as "cream soda".

Jul 4, 2002 at 11:00 PM Post #37 of 66
BTW, I like the new Vanilla Coke. Now I have 2 favs, Vanilla & Cherry.

Picked up four 12 packs in GA yesterday for $8.14 including tax. Cheapest I've found for Cokes in a while.

Jul 4, 2002 at 11:30 PM Post #38 of 66
Quote:

Originally posted by elipsis
Right, well I'm sitting here with a bottle of pepsi that has a flotilla of peanuts soaking in it in a rather oily fashion.

It tastes....er....interesting. Kind of like you'd expect coke and peanuts to taste.

Probably not something I'll do again in a hurry, but thanks for the experience.

[size=medium]ROTFLMAO[/size]

Quote:

Originally posted by elipsis
I take that back....I feel ill

wink.gif

hmm3grin2orange.gif

xxrotflmao.gif

elipsis- I was born and raised in Texas....and while many of those around me thought Coke and peanuts was a treat....I...I...uhhh...never....could...ummm**runs to bathroom**.....
smilygifs436.gif

Jul 4, 2002 at 11:40 PM Post #39 of 66
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Ok, this stuff:
Herny Weinhard Root Beer
is REALLY good. It's the smoothest root beer I've had so far, I think.

Ahhhhh...I love that stuff. Thomas Kemper makes about the same stuff too...sort of the competitor to Weinhard. Check out their vanilla cream sodas too, totally knocks away the typical canned stuff.

Back in college dorms me and my roomate used to break out the Weinhards and Kempers along with some homemade chocolate chip cookies...ahhhh life was good.
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2002 at 11:48 PM Post #40 of 66
This site is great!! They've got Jones Soda, Green River, Stewarts, Pirates Keg, Al-8-1!!! Joy!! And Moxie, I haven't been able to get a hold of Moxie. NO!!! Afri-Cola!!! "Kein Vergnügen Ohne Gefahr" I somehow was able to get a bottle of this stuff in the states. Don't remember it being extrememly special, but where do you get German pop in the US? Hmm, Carver's Ginger Ale is ok, it isn't one of my favorites, easy to get in Virginia. Hansen's was another one I found easy to get in Virginia. Sarsaparrila is interesting as well. Hmmm, I think the only one that I've had that they don't was a pilot pop from Pepsi that a guy from Arizona brought me. It was using some sap or root as a stimulant instead of caffeine. Think the word started with j, maybe you guys can figure it out. Another pop I miss was the Arizona's Chocolate Covered Cherries.

As to Vanilla Coke, I like it, but I feel that the flavor is too delicate, needs to be stronger. I still prefer going to the local ice cream shops to get my Vanilla and Cherry Cokes the real way.

Is it me, or is red soda just plain nasty? I just don't get it.

Jul 5, 2002 at 12:22 AM Post #42 of 66
Exactly!!!! I love the Green Apple and I liked the Cherry as well. They're bottles are pretty cool what with the photos and all. Must have new sugar high!!!! Too bad I never see any of these this far north. I stock up on bottled pops on any trips I go on to the south. As I recall I get most in Kentucky and Tennessee. Found Ale-8-1 in Kentucky I believe.

Jul 5, 2002 at 1:02 AM Post #45 of 66
Jones Cream Soda is the sweetest, most amazing sugar blast of a soda I have ever experienced. It goes off in your mouth like a 48g atomic bomb of sugar carbs... yet the explosion happens softly in slow motion, like a silk parachute slowly spreading open, leaving behind a twinkling cloud of magic sugar dust.

Jones Cream Soda is LIQUID COTTON CANDY.

Scary but tasty. It is by far their best flavor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back