Speakers that sound like B.A's i.e. are fast
Apr 20, 2011 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

matto

500+ Head-Fier
I'm currently looking for speakers to get, currently I have some Edifier S2000v's yes yes edifier, but apparently it's the phil jones signature edition who appaerntly makes some pretty kick ass loudspeakers, and they do sound good but does lag behind when playing genres such as metalcore, heavy metal etc.

I'd like to get speakers which are plenty fast but still have sufficient base, i.e. something like the TF10 or UM3x in a speaker? if that's possible?

I was thinking of BX5a Deluxe, KRK RP5G2, Audioengine A5, can anyone chip in there thoughts? cheers.

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #3 of 6
Yeah I was actually shocked how good the edifiers were, I had my uncles friend come over to have a listen to them and he was impressed in regards to how much I paid for them considering he spends 10s of thousands of dollars on home hi-fi, ah well I'll just save my dough till these break.

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #4 of 6
What price range are we looking at?  Do they need to be active?  Nearfield only?

My first thought upon hearing "fast" was to recommend Maggies:
http://www.magnepan.com/model_MMG

They are essentially the speaker equivalent of orthos.

The speakers themselves are reasonably priced, but they crave a powerful amp and are certainly not good nearfield.

You'll need to give them room to breathe, however, and an amplifier capable of driving them properly will cost you several hundred more, usually.  As such...

I too doubt that you will gain a massive improvement without leaving your current price bracket.

Apr 23, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
What price range are we looking at?  Do they need to be active?  Nearfield only?

My first thought upon hearing "fast" was to recommend Maggies:
http://www.magnepan.com/model_MMG

They are essentially the speaker equivalent of orthos.

The speakers themselves are reasonably priced, but they crave a powerful amp and are certainly not good nearfield.

You'll need to give them room to breathe, however, and an amplifier capable of driving them properly will cost you several hundred more, usually.  As such...

I too doubt that you will gain a massive improvement without leaving your current price bracket.

Ahh those look expensive, and yes prefferably active since I can't be bothered looking for amps let alone afford one. Budget would probably be topped off at $600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back