Speakers not working right with Chaintech AV710, help!!
Jun 15, 2004 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mtbiac

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my Chaintech av710 today. I'm hooking it up to my kenwood receiver via teh optical out port. Hooked up to the receiver I have a sub, center ch, right ch, left ch, R surround, L surround. With my old sound setup, I used the optical output on my Abit IT7 motherboard and all speakers worked great. However, with the chaintech only my Front R and Front L channels work along with the Subwoofer. What? I've tried all the audio deck settings, none help. I've also tried messing with ASIO plugs in foobar and winamp via the tutorials i've found on head-fi but still only the front 2 ch work and sub.

what else can I try? I;ve also tried disabling the onboard audio but that doesnt help either...

any ideas?

thanks

Jun 15, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Is the audio dock set to 6-speaker mode? Do you have the "high sample rate" mode enabled? Have you tried using the "Convert stereo to 4 channel" DSP in foobar (just try it)?

Jun 15, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
Is the audio dock set to 6-speaker mode? Do you have the "high sample rate" mode enabled? Have you tried using the "Convert stereo to 4 channel" DSP in foobar (just try it)?

well I installed the v3.1a drivers and now magically it works
biggrin.gif

sounds pretty nice even without ASIO or KS working (yet). Thats my next mission. I've tried EVERYTHING to get ASIO working, but cant. Now to try KS in foobar2000

any way to get KS or ASIO working in winamp? I think the winamp interface is much easier to use, although i do wanna try foobar2000 since i hear you can have tabbed playlists :drool:

Jun 15, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 6
oh and I have to set it to 2ch mode to get digital working AND headphone (on ch 7/8 digital) working at the same time, which is nice. But now that i think about it 6.1 for speaks only and then 2ch for headphones (speakers muted) is a great idea...

Sep 3, 2006 at 9:44 AM Post #5 of 6
i have the same problem with the front 2 speakers and sub only working and i dont know what do and on top of that i'm not smart with these kinds of things
i do know that i have everything set up right through windows and my bios (disableing my old sound card and such) other then that i'm stumed i've downloaded the newest drivers it didnt work i downloaded the ones on another thread u posted and it didnt work either

any suggestions and as many suggestions u can think of would be nice
smily_headphones1.gif

and if possible a detailed description cause i'm not bright with this stuff would be even nicer
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S i've been trying to get my 7.1 surrond to work for over a year its so frusterating
mad.gif

Sep 4, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbiac
I've tried EVERYTHING to get ASIO working, but cant. Now to try KS in foobar2000

any way to get KS or ASIO working in winamp? I think the winamp interface is much easier to use, although i do wanna try foobar2000 since i hear you can have tabbed playlists :drool:

i agree, i have a very hard time getting asio to work with foobar, i manage it once, but i dont even bother anymore.

i can help you with the winamp part though, it is easy. i asked recommendation for a better mp3 input plugin than the standard winamp one, and was recommended mpg123. i guess it must be similar to the mpglib for foobar. http://otachan.com/in_!mpg123.html
and have the latest kernel stream for winamp.

here is where you have a choice, i actaully use 2 channels mode, not hi-sampling mode. but running "enable digital" and "pcm only", it will come out of the hi-sampling jack anyway. i dont know if every music is automatically resampled to 24/96 by the sound card hardware when its being utilized by wolfson dac, i presume yes, but someone with more knowledge can correct me. regardless the wolfson dac is being use and thats the end goal. if the music is not resampled in the process, then i am even happier knowing its being unaltered. also winamp is already a heavy resource player, and this helps lower it.

or if you think thats incorrect, then you can run hi-sampling mode, then you need to resample or the sound will not work. for kernel stream & mpg123, neither has a resampling mode. so you will have to download a DSP plugin that can do it.

asio for winamp should have its own resampler, but good luck on getting it to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back