Speakers for the Magni headphone amp?
Nov 21, 2014 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DecentLevi

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello, I have a somewhat unorthodox question: Which pair of speakers should I buy that could be powered by my headphone amp? I want PC-speakers but don't want to use another USB port or power outlet to drive it - and my headphone amp seems it should have more than enough power to drive a small speaker so I want portable "unamped" speakers.

My amp is a Schiit Magni that outputs "Maximum Power, 32 ohms: 1.2W RMS per channel", and I just need some small portable speakers with about a 1 - 3 inch driver. That's fine if it already has a headphone connection, otherwise I can wire my own connection to the 1/4" output... and finally I would like some pretty decent sound quality, in terms of clarity and a flat frequency response, just for casual listening around a normal size room.

Thank you very sincerely in advance!

Note for moderator: Although this is an amp related question I thought I would post this here in the recommendations forum because I'm asking for help, but in case this is wrong just let me know how to cancel this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back