Speakers for pc & ps4 slim
Jul 10, 2019 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

anicai

New Head-Fier
Hey guys!

I haven't posted here for a while, but you once helped me choose the headphones, Sennheiser HD 58X which I absolutely love, so I thought I'd ask you for an opinion about another dilemma I have. :)

I'm looking to buy new speakers that I would connect to both pc and ps4 slim. I will use them for music, movies and games equally. I did a lot of research and I think I like Edifier S350DB. They are about 280 euros in Germany, but the price often drops (I'll probably wait until it's around 230-250 eur again). I also plan on getting sound blasterx G6, so I could use both speakers and headphones with ps4 (I don't like plugging them into the controller).

Now I know these speakers are powered, but should I connect them to some good sound card to get their full potential? Cause I'm currently using the on board audio of Asus prime b350 plus, which is realtek ALC887. I don't have dac/amp either cause my HD 58X sounds good when plugged in on board, it gets loud enough and I don't hear any hissing or things like that, so I never bothered with purchasing dac nor amp. So if it does need better sound card, would G6 be good enough in terms of listening to music, flac and mp3? I didn't find any reviews on that. I like the dolby feature for gaming and that I could connect both pc and ps4 to it, but I don't know if it's good for listening to music.

Also, if you know some better solution for speakers for about 250 euros, please do tell. :dt880smile:

How about Edifier S2000DB, R1280, R1700, Klipsch R-51M? Are they better all rounders? They are also available in my country unlike S350DB.

I should also mention that once I buy them, I plan to keep them for years, I have no intention of upgrading or changing the setup.

P.S. Sorry for sounding like a noob, I only ever had Altec lansing 5100 and that's for like 15+ years. :dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back