Speakers for MF M3i
Feb 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Kushanava

New Head-Fier
Hi All,
I have recently purchased Musical fidelity M3i and looking for the right speakers.
I have shortlisted Epos as one of the potential brands but have only heard the M12i model.
I have not found a comparison between Epos Epic 2 and Elan 15.
Can any one please suggest me which one should I go for?
Will it have good synergy with M3i?If you have any other suggestion of speakers under 1000$ , it will be very helpful.

Thanks...Experts Pls help ....!!!

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 8
Neil Gader's TAS review of the M3i suggests the "PSB Image or Imagine B, Focal’s 706V or the Paradigm Studio 10 among others..." All seem to be good starting points.

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Shouldn't you buy speakers you like and then go after the right amp for them? They are the most important bit in the chain after all.

Yes.That would have been an ideal situation.But due to lack of availibility of amps in my area and also their excessive price (due to import duty) I avoided buying them from India. For example , M3i costs over 2000$ in INDIA  where as the actual price is only $1500.
I got this amp from Malaysia when my parents visited that place for a holiday.

Yes now I am trying to Match speakers . $1400 (max)

This are the speaker brands available in my place(kolkata,India) .However all models are not present and are only imported on order .I will be able to demo these.
1.Epos
2.Quad
3.Dali
4.Wharfedale
5.PSB
6.Kef
7.Polk
8.Tannoy
9.Elac
10.Jamo.
11.Klipsch
12.Usher
13.Paradigm

On other cities ...Monitor Audio ,Proac etc are available ,but I have to do a blind buy ,because I can't demo them.

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #6 of 8
Oh, I see then!

About the price difference, I know how that feels, but trust me, it could be worse. A pair of Dali Concept 2s used to be about $500 in the UK (which is already expensive), but here in Brazil they cost between $1400 and $1600, and a Marantz PM-11S2, which retails for $4K in the US, goes for $9K in the official retailer.

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
This are the speaker brands available in my place(kolkata,India) .However all models are not present and are only imported on order .I will be able to demo these.
1.Epos
2.Quad
3.Dali
4.Wharfedale
5.PSB
6.Kef
7.Polk
8.Tannoy
9.Elac
10.Jamo.
11.Klipsch
12.Usher
13.Paradigm

Have fun listening to them all. Try and take your amp + source to the dealer so you can get a decent impression of each one. (The best would be if they lent them to you for an in-home trial.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back