Speakers for death metal/grindcore ?? (noob in speakers)
Aug 15, 2009 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

xmenudriftx

New Head-Fier
Hi guys i have no clue what is good in computer speakers so i need some help. Basically, i need a speaker that is suitable for death metal and grindcore. I think it needs to have lots of clarity because the vocals are very low and sometime difficult to hear. I see lots of threads recommending the A5 audioengine, but im not sure if they're good with the music i listen to. Also, i see some bands using the KRK's in their recording studio. Please give me some advice.

Thanks!

Aug 16, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by xmenudriftx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys i have no clue what is good in computer speakers so i need some help. Basically, i need a speaker that is suitable for death metal and grindcore. I think it needs to have lots of clarity because the vocals are very low and sometime difficult to hear. I see lots of threads recommending the A5 audioengine, but im not sure if they're good with the music i listen to. Also, i see some bands using the KRK's in their recording studio. Please give me some advice.

Thanks!

How about a budget, and do you have a good amp already? Do you want/need active monitors?

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #6 of 6
Good speakers replicate any genre of music well. I listen to primarily death metal and black metal - the A5s serve me quite well. Keep in mind though that most death metal and grindcore is poorly produced and probably won't sound as good as some rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back