Speakers Buyer's Guide
Apr 10, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jag0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's posted so far is a rather small sampling of speaker producers. Here's a few more:

Dynaudio
PSB
Sonus Faber
Wharfedale
Spendor

etc...

When buying 500$+ speakers, a good research is definitely recommended. It's not as simple as having someone recommend "the best one". Speakers must 1.) fit your bank account, 2.) your taste in music and 3.) your audio system in terms of synergy.

Some combinations are known to work well, like Rotel amps + Wharfedale speakers (budget combination) or Simaudio amps + Dynaudio speakers (high end combinations). Such examples of synergy are what you should be looking for when deciding what to try and buy.

Btw, head-fi is not the right place to find solid opinions on speaker based systems. Check out audio asylum and audiogon forums.

heh..we have the av123 crowd here

Apr 15, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #33 of 37
jag0:

Of course a good research is essential for s good decision, I think for audiophiles and geeks in general, this is like a law.

I'm just trying to make a list of recommended equipment, so an "entry level geek" has a reference to do the search according to the needs/budget.

As I said, I started this guide because the headphones buyers guide was very helpful for me, and it's the reason I have my AudioTechnica A900, I think of this as a practical start point to any buyer.

Thanks for the producers suggestions.

zeckwsr:

I have only heard good things about them, both A2 and A5, seems A5 is simply more and better A2 that covers more bass range.

Apr 15, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #35 of 37
Does anybody know these pair of speakers: TAD-805SD . They're on sale for a ridiculously low price! I haven't heard much about them but they seem to be a good pair. Maybe some of you are familiar with them and post some reviews. Here's the link: tubeaudiodesign.com

Apr 17, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #36 of 37
psc001: as you can check at AudioREVIEW.com - Home Audio and Home Theater resource, the speakers are well rated, but it's original price is NOT what the sale website claims.

The users that reviewed the speakers, said they have brought them about $250-350, so it's a good deal, but don't expect wonders.
The reviews are good, seems they lack a little bass.

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #37 of 37
Looking at a pair of Pardigm Titan V.4 or Polk P162 or some old KLH...thoughts?  Titans are $80, Polks are $100, KLH $40...also Paradigm Atoms w/ Paradigm sub for $95.  Any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back