Speakers are backwards with new ground loop isolator, is it okay to just switch the cables?
Sep 20, 2017 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jerrod

Head-Fier
I got a BOSS ground loop isolator, I like it a lot, but my speakers are backwards now. I think the reason for that is I am going through it backwards. Going from odac 3.5mm to 3.5mm to rca males, then got those males connected to the female side of the boss which i assume is actually an output, and then i got the male side of the boss connected to my pre-amp volume controller, and then I got my monitors connected to my pre-amp.

but since the speakers are backwards, because I assume i'm going through the ground loop isolator backwards, I switched the speaker cables to the pre-amp and now it's fine. Is that okay? or do i need to go through the ground loop isolater properly and buy a 3.5mm to rca female adapter?

37349293625_c36df43df1_h.jpg

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #4 of 6
I doubt any line level channel mismatch is going to mess with anything. You should be fine!

Sep 20, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 6
yeah reading through the
As long as the output levels are equal, then yes. But if you just got the ground loop isolator you might as well try to get a replacement unit.

yeah reading through the reviews it seems like its a common problem for this unit to flip the channels. I think i will get the radioshack one as i hear it's the best and i can support a possibly dying business!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back