Speaker that fits in the suitcase!
Jun 14, 2012 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Rankiz

100+ Head-Fier
I need a speaker that fits in my suitcase, will be used when I'm going on vacation/holiday. The only criteria is that it can play music straight from my smartphone by using a stereo (3,5mm jack) cable. And of course the sound must be good! 
basshead.gif

I actually thought on buying a Creative D100 Bluetooth speaker, but found out that if I pick a speaker that needs a power outlet, I will get much better sound for how much I'm actually paying. 

Got an old JVC Boomblaster, that my smartphone powers just fine, using a 3,5mm jack cable, but I'm afraid it's a little to big for my suitcase:

I need some suggestions! :)

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #4 of 12
Just about any sized "boombox" these days will have a 3.5mm input, but theyre typically stereo.  Of course, these will always accept a mono input, but I'm wondering why you'd want that

As for the sound, I'd recommend heading to a local electronics shop and taking a listen for yourself at what they have in stock - youd be surprised how different everyone's tastes are in sound, but also seeing the actual size in person can be more meaningful

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
It's a little over my budget, will cost $300 with high shipping cost and custom taxes to my country.

Agree, that's too much to spend.  I have the non-blue tooth version and that cost $150 in the US.  Even that was expensive but in the end I was happy with the speaker.  $300, I would not be as happy.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Agree, that's too much to spend.  I have the non-blue tooth version and that cost $150 in the US.  Even that was expensive but in the end I was happy with the speaker.  $300, I would not be as happy.

The positive with the 3 speakers I linked to in my previous post is that all can be obtained in my country for the same price as in the US (mainstream kind of), so I'll probaly go for the Creative D100 for only $59. 

Jun 14, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #11 of 12
I actually found the Jawbone Jambox for "only" $206 in my country. Everything close to the US price should be considered "cheap" over here. 
Electronic is generally decently priced in my country if there is competition, if there is 1 dealer of the item, expect the price to be doubled, lol. 

So I'm considering either the Creative D100 for $60 or the Jawbone Jambox for $206. Which should I choose? And is the Jawbone Jambox worth the money?

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
I actually found the Jawbone Jambox for "only" $206 in my country. Everything close to the US price should be considered "cheap" over here. 
Electronic is generally decently priced in my country if there is competition, if there is 1 dealer of the item, expect the price to be doubled, lol. 

So I'm considering either the Creative D100 for $60 or the Jawbone Jambox for $206. Which should I choose? And is the Jawbone Jambox worth the money?

Jambox is the same tech that went into the FoxLv2 (not Platinum), so that's a good price in the EU. Understand that stereo separation is nil with the drivers <6" apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back