speaker switcher
May 12, 2003 at 3:53 AM Post #17 of 25
hmm.... did a google search.... and though i'm not completely sure what ABX means... it has something to do with blind testing right? maybe you can explain to me....

but anyway... yes, it seems relays are the way to go. they always present a load right?--so i don't fry my tube amp?

.....so, know of any audiophile type speaker switch relay?--with binding posts and stuff? i was looking for at least two pairs of inputs.... but more the better.... and at least 4 pairs of outputs.... and of course, more the better.

May 12, 2003 at 7:23 PM Post #18 of 25
the abx seems to be obsolete even though you can download the user manual from a google search

the reason i recomended the unit was it not only is useful for double blind testing but you can also use a remote control to select line level or speakers outs using relays

at one time i had a device used by radio shack for demonstrating the various receivers/speakers in the store-also relay controlled but without a remote

and also high quality and presented a load to unused amp outputs (important)

I had no use for it so i gave it away , if i still had it it would be yours but alas..........

maybe you should check your local high end audio store and ask what they are using

wish i could be more help

May 13, 2003 at 2:39 AM Post #19 of 25
hmm.... do you happen to know how relays work?--have a wiring diagram? i'm not sure how they work....

but as for the switch.... i read that a pure switch should be less complicated than the relay, and thus be more "pure" to the signal. ....so i guess if i am careful to turn things off before switching, i shouldn't have a problem. for A-B comparisons, yeah.... the ABX realay would be great.... but the reason i wanted one is just for convenience, so i don't have to unplug and plug stuff in everytime i want to switch. turning off/on is okay....

orpheus

May 13, 2003 at 12:48 PM Post #20 of 25
actually high quality relays can outperform switches (which in reality they are switches but with an electronic control)

and the abx was designed to be transparent for use in comparing devices

and also it could be used as a straight remote controled source/amp/speaker switch

don't know where you would find one though

May 17, 2003 at 7:12 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by mirkot
Check this, by AKG, if you have K1000

"The K 1000 Selector allows you to toggle between the K 1000 and a pair of stereo speakers while you listen."

This sounds cool, where would I get it? I don't recall seeing it at the Meier site...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back