Speaker stands, need advice
Jun 5, 2005 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tooch

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all, I just purchased a nice setup as my first real entry into the audiophile world
biggrin.gif
. It consists of a NAD 320BEE amp, 521BEE Cd player, and Orpheus Aurora 1 speakers. I want to buy a set of stands to put these speakers on, as they are just sitting on top of a cabinet and I don't want them there. I was considering these ones from ebay, but just wondering if it matters that the speaker is slightly longer than the top plate of the stand? Width is almost perfect, but the speaker is about 90mm longer length than the plate on the stand.

Just wanted to know if the size of the plate in relation to the speaker really matters.

Jun 5, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 8
Hello

I order a stand from this site. But these might be a little small for full sized speakers, haha...

http://www.headphile.com/page13.html

Exotic woods that match my ATH-W1000 were available.

Slwiser

Jun 5, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 8
THis guy is in Australia, the shipping will cost you an arm and a leg for a big package like theis one, not heavy but big...go to Parts Express, they are solid, you have a bunch ot choose from, and they are very nice....

Jun 5, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 8
Check out omnimount's offerings. I really like my stands and they were only $60.

Jun 5, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 8
Lovan is good. I use Atlantis stands and they are also good. Just about anything heavy and solid (and fillable) is good. Then there is the school of low mass speaker stands, which I have personally never subscribed to. But then again, I've never used a low mass stand so who's to say whether I would like them. Anyway, as long as it keeps the speaker very stable and drains vibrations, it's doing it's job and should be fine.

Jun 5, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 8
Sorry guys, I didnt realise my Location wasn't filled out! I am in Australia too, that's why those ebay stands looked attractive for the price, AUD$149+$7 postage. Do they look any good to you guys? They have spikes, and the tubes can be filled with sand or lead shot to make them heavier.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #8 of 8
Those look good. Just make sure they're the right height: 800mm (a tad under 32 inches) is pretty tall for most setups, but I trust that you know where you like the speakers and are buying accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back