Speaker Setup with Notebook
Sep 9, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenBrouwer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thx, Hmmzzz...
I am having serious second thoughts on the M-audio. Reading on the internet I get the feeling it's no good for me. Because:
1) Reviews says it's good for musicans and DJ's to record, but I won't do that.
2) People aren't to happy about it's DAC and musicality, which is important to me. It's only purpose is to get the mp3 data from the laptop into the 30 year old amplifier.
But than again I don't believe there is a alternative a this price point. Is there?

BTW: e-mu's seem badly available in the Netherlands

I have 30 year old amp, and if just interested in good clean music, get the turtle beach micro USB sound card ($30), then u are all set.

gychang

Sep 10, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #17 of 19
Looks like a nice setup you'll have.

Instead of the M-audio boxes, have you considered the Echo Indigo? It's a PCMCIA card. The Indigo DJ has a line out and headphone out. I got an original indigo from Ebay for a nice price. Doubles as a carrier and a headphone amp. I didn't like to deal with a lot of boxes and wires.

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #18 of 19
Thx for the tips. The turtle beach is also very hard to get in Holland, but I did found some places to get E-mu's.
But the Indigo DJ has got my attention. I will use the line-out for the amplifier/speakers and the headphone-out for the HD555/Atrio M5. But way is that price so high? Not much reviews on the internet about it.
My notebook will have express card and no PCMCIA, but that's not going to be a problem since new Express Card echo Indigo Dj's will be released in October.

Sep 11, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #19 of 19
I wonder about that Indigo Dj, what makes it so expensive after all those years? Won't an x-fi express card be almost as good for less than half the price?
blink.gif

But the Indigo is exactly what I need, not more and not less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back