Speaker setup issues
Dec 29, 2012 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ShadyD

New Head-Fier
So I bought new speakers the other day the Creative Gigaworks T40s  and wanted to hook them up to use with my old but still functioning Altec Lansing MX5021 subwwofer. (The speakers were broken but the sub was fine). I have the Asus Realtek sound Manager and when i set it up with the 2 different jacks (green and orange) [i.e L+R & Center/Sub respectively] to a 5.1 surround setup but disabled the speakers that were not being used. The subwoofer clearly responds when I test it within the sound manager, as do the speakers. The problem is that the subwoofers do not dunction outside of the manager (e.g. Chrome, wmp, etc.)

This is the setup I have for the speaker configuration : http://gyazo.com/b016761bcc89aec61608e987db157dc3

What do I do to fix this issue and make it work?

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm just venturing a guess here, but I believe you may need the source configured for 5.1 for it to work. 

Is it possible to somehow route the signal through the sub before reaching the Gigaworks?

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #3 of 4
If I was to reroute the speakers to my sub, as it has the input for copper wire, I would have to completely strip the gigaworks housing and manually attach it to the sub. I have done this is in the past, but I don't want to do it with this setup, as I will be giving these speakers away in  a year or so. 

Any other options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back