Speaker Setup ($150 Budget)
Jul 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hackez

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

I'm looking for a solid speaker setup for my gaming desktop. I did a bit of research on these forums and it looks like Micca MB42 + LP-2020A for $75 is a popular choice for a budget sound system.

Does anyone have any other recommendations or perhaps improvements to the setup above since its well under my budget?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Another option: I am using an Indeed TA2021 t-amp. That and the Topping TP21 have bit more power and a little better SQ than the Lepai. Having owned a Lepai previously, I think it's worth the upgrade if you can afford it. Better power supply. Better components. Even has some protection circuitry built in.

Here's are review of the Indeed t-amp http://t-amps.blogspot.com/2012/03/indeed-hifi-ta2021-25wx2-amp.html

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 4
I haven't tried the above speaker setup you mentioned, however, I like the JBL creatures line. Very minimal desk space, aesthetically pleasing, I think they're 50W now (I'm first gen, 25W). Very accurate sound, lacks in sub bass frequency (but I think all 2.1 systems do, unless you go dedicated Subwoofers, like logitech's $550 5.1/7.1 computer speakers).

But... I still like headphones more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back