speaker recommendations for multi-room music via chromecast audio
Feb 11, 2016 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

aye5882

100+ Head-Fier
I have always thought of having music throughout the house.  I stumbled upon Sonos and thought that would be a great setup.  Then I found out about the chromecast audio and decided to go that route.  Now i'm looking for decent sounding speakers that I can place throughout the home so I can play music throughout.  My budget would be in the $50-100 range per pair of speakers.  I listen to all kinds of music but clarity is the number one criteria.  

Just for reference, I have the JH 16pros and V-moda m80s.

thanks for your suggestions.  

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 4
Were Sonos just a dream and you're no longer interested in Sonos? I have the Playbar and Sub in my living room and a pair of Play:3's in my office and bedroom. They're awesome for their functionality alone. The Play:1's are I think $99 each and would probably do well. You can play music through multiple different app sources (Google Play, Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal and more) through them and control pairing, volume etc through your phone or PC. I love my Sonos system and they'll work with your Chromecast Music, so I wouldn't discount them.

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #3 of 4
Were Sonos just a dream and you're no longer interested in Sonos? I have the Playbar and Sub in my living room and a pair of Play:3's in my office and bedroom. They're awesome for their functionality alone. The Play:1's are I think $99 each and would probably do well. You can play music through multiple different app sources (Google Play, Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal and more) through them and control pairing, volume etc through your phone or PC. I love my Sonos system and they'll work with your Chromecast Music, so I wouldn't discount them.

sonos seem like the easiest to set up for multi-room music.  But i think i can get more bang for the buck with CCA and some book shelf speakers.  Play:1 is actually $200 each.  I think there might be better sounding speakers for cheaper... just not sure which ones.

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 4
How do you handle CCA EQ?

​It looks like Google has no intent to add EQ software to the CCA device and controller software within the Chromecast app ;(

Bummer, there was so much promise for CCA streaming to self-powered monitor speakers, component power amps, headphones, and earbuds :frowning2:

https://code.google.com/p/google-cast-sdk/issues/detail?id=705

Project Member #63 sya...@google.com
Code:
 Chromecast Audio was designed to provide streaming content from the service provider. Processing of that content is not part of the feature set. Chromecast Audio is designed to feed audio systems of a very broad variety, across a wide range of user tastes, and many of those provide their own post-processing feature sets. Chromecast Audio was not intended to provide redundant capabilities in that regard.

I guess we can ask the question why google play music still doesn't have EQ built in 
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back