Speaker receiver and amp question
Jan 6, 2017 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ls13coco

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, so I just ordered the Klipsch RP-160m bookshelf speakers. I have a JVC THG30 sound system http://support.jvc.com/consumer/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028267&page=3
I  would plan to replace the left/right speakers with the new Klipsch, but my question starts with the ohms. The Klipsch are 8 ohm speakers, while the speakers that came with the old receiver are 4 ohm. From my understanding, this is safe as the new speakers are higher impedance and will result in "less wattage" correct?

So, my next question; I also have a Creative Soundblaster X7 amp/dac and just ordered a Little dot 1+. The X7 has left/right rca inputs, analogue rear and c/sub inputs as well as 4 open speaker connections used with the 4/8ohm toggle switch.

Is there a way I could run the sub into this device while using the 4 speaker connections for the klipsch, resulting in 2.1? Is there a cable that would work for that, which I would wire into the speaker wire from the sub?

I'm new to the audio world, got my headphone game started up well but I've much to learn.
Thanks for any input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back