Speaker question (iPod related - B&W Zeppelin)
Jan 14, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you need an all-in-one solution? I'm a big fan of high-end bookshelves. There are compact amps/receivers on the market, several with iPod connections. It's just that it seems that there are always multiple compromises in one box solutions. Also, buying individual parts will let you upgrade over time and sell off parts you don't need.

Yes,I need an all-in-one solution.

The thing is,I'm looking for something portable that sounds a lot better
than my current Altec Lansing iM600.I'll be taking it on trips (traveling by bus or plane)
so it doesn't have to be too small.I'll just put it in it's original box.
I won't listen to it outside.For home use.
It's for my iPod Touch with 320 kbps Mp3's.

I don't plan to ever have an iPhone,so interference is not an issue.So far that I've looked, the
Zeppelin is within (or close enough to) the price,sound quality and size that
I'm looking...

Another option is that I could use some powered speakers with an iPod dock,but they would have to
sound better than the Zeppelin,within the price range.Sound is my top priority...

Bdw. I'll go listen to the Zeppelin once more,and a little longer,to refresh my memory...

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #18 of 20
Hmm, if powered loudspeakers are an option for you, then you're likely to get better results from them rather than the Zeppelin. You say sound quality is your top priority, so maybe look into some Quad 11L or 12L (if size permits) active loudspeakers. Not sure of current prices, but they'd be close to the price of a Zeppelin and offer much better performance. You could probably save a few bucks by buying secondhand too, but that goes without saying!

Jan 14, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholaus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another option is that I could use some powered speakers with an iPod dock,but they would have to
sound better than the Zeppelin,within the price range.Sound is my top priority...

Bdw. I'll go listen to the Zeppelin once more,and a little longer,to refresh my memory...

Then for sure, you should get powered speakers then. Any of the good powered speakers in the same price range should be able to beat out the Zeppelin. I like the Zeppelin more than most people, but it is no substitute for a good ol' pair of active monitors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back